Chapter Five

LALISA MANOBAN (LISA)

"Why did you guys pick me for this job again?" I asked. I was currently in our dorm; by our, I meant the girls. I was waiting for Jungkook to signal me outside. Suga, who was in the room with me, let out a smirk. "You're the new girl, Nakamoto doesn't know you yet. Plus, you never went in the office to get your schedule, right?"

I nodded. Then realization struck me. That must be why Jisoo went and got my schedule without me even asking. They must have already planned this beforehand!

Then Yoongi stood up. "Time for you to go," he said before giving me a little wink. I frowned. It's time to face the path to freedom, or death.

I went outside. The hallways were so silent and empty. I walked down, my steps were small and quiet, trying to avoid those creatures which lurks around the halls.

Then someone grabbed my shoulders. I flinched. I tried to turn and see who it was, but the person made sure that I continue going forward.

"If you don't want to be caught by them, then move fast. We're chasing the moon here." I knew that voice. Jungkook. His voice was overflowing with confidence and determination.

I nod. His words dug into me. My slow steps then turned to fast ones. My walking instantly turned to sprinting. Before he let go of me, I could hear him mumble some words.

Good luck.

Then the cold air then came. Don't stop, I internally told myself. I can't stop now! I'm being chased by death himself!

Moments later, I heard footsteps rushing towards me. I looked over my shoulder and saw the familiar raven haired girl.

"

Jisoo," I let out.

Jisoo didn't give me any reaction. Instead, she matched with my speed and said, "Turn right. You'll find an elevator soon." She took a quick glance behind her. "I'm taking this demon away." She gave me a smirk.

I could see the end of the hallway. Then, I turned right. In the corner of my eye, I saw Jisoo turn left.

Distraction. The cold air was now gone, It had went to Jisoo. I guess they really get distracted that easily.

Seconds later, the freezing temperature came back. I shivered, but I made sure I was still swift in walking through the hallways.

"Lisa." My eyes widened upon seeing Rosé and Jungkook waiting infront of me. I quickly rushed towards them. Rosé was on my left while Jungkook was on my right.

"Distract It, please," Jungkook said to Rosé. The girl just nodded with no objections. She then turned left to another hallway, leading the creature to a different path.

Jungkook grabbed my hand tightly. He pulled me faster towards the elevator which I could clearly see in the distance.

The gates opened automatically. V sat on the seat and pressed the button at the very top. "Mission Escape?" He then asked. Jungkook nodded, trying to regain his breaths.

I stood beside the brunette, who continued panting. The elevators started ascending. V caught my eyes. Then, he said, "Code red."

"W-Wha..?" I looked over to Jungkook, thinking he might know what that meant. Jungkook looked at me. "It means danger."

Crap.

———

The highest floor was black, literally. Unlike the other floors which were tinted with purple of any shade, this floor was just, black. No grey, no white, only that one solid color.

Me and Jungkook walked down the hallway, trying to avoid any attention. The top floor only had one room. And that room was for the Student Council president— the highest among all, right after the principal which was never here.

Me and Jungkook halted upon seeing the huge doors to the office.

"The president is asleep as of the moment, but please do it as fast as you can." He then grabbed a button out of his pocket. "Press this if ever you need me, we don't want you getting punished.." his voice was low and quiet, but I could still sense the care he placed in it.

I nodded before quietly going in.

The office was more like a house. There were two floors, the top was a mini library while the bottom was an office. By the end I could the the president's table, and by the side I could see the vice president's table.

I couldn't see the name of the president, but I could clearly see who the vice was.

Kim Jisoo.

My eyes widened. Jisoo was the vice president? No wonder she had tons of meetings to attend to and has access to anything.

I shook my head. My real mission is to find the puzzle piece, not to be nosy!

So I searched the whole area. My eyes scanned through the dark room. I dug into the president's drawers, files, cabinets, bookshelves... But to no avail.

I was about to head to the other side of the room till the lights went on.

I flinched as I saw a guy wearing a bath robe standing at the opposite side of the room. His black hair was still dripping, he just came from taking a bath.

His eyes landed on the random book I was holding. Then he looked at me with those glaring eyes of his. "Who are you?" His voice commanded authority and respect.

I turned around, unable to do anything. My hand made its way to my pocket and pressed the button Jungkook gave me earlier.

Code red.