Part Four. Chapter Thirteen. Eric

It was an atypical summer's day, the sun was dazzling in an azure sky with not a cloud in sight and temperatures feeling almost tropic. No, there is no error in this claim, a typical summer's day around these parts would be cool and pouring with rain one minute and windy with heavy clouds dotting the sky the next. Let's not even discuss the temperatures. So when the sun blessed the earth so lovingly, there was only one thing a cat ought to do and that was to enjoy it, usually by lazing around in full sun or shade and practically anywhere was acceptable.

So the guards at the waypoint upon the road into the Pride territory were unsurprisingly testy when we arrived there, especially as they were being teased by the leopard who lounged on top of the guard post roof. The beast was basically declaring, you guys have work, I don't. Ha ha ha.

"I.D." The guard, a gruff middle-aged lion demanded of us. Michael and I handed over the small plastic cards that the King had decided to issue to all his members. It was some human idea that he had decided to adopt, especially as, since allowing Michael to enter the pride when we were declared mates, he had encouraged the pride to accept other non-cats. This may have seemed like a benevolent move, but knowing our King, it was money related. The guard accepted my I.D at face value, but insisted on examining Michaels thoroughly before he returned it. "What about his?" He asked pointing at our dozing mate in the back of the car.

The past week and a half had been particularly exhausting for our sweetheart. The day after we marked his beautiful body with our mating bites, he'd not been able to leave the bed. In fact he had woken flushed and rosy cheeked, but with tears spilling from his hazel eyes.  At first, Michael and I nearly fell to our knees, begging his forgiveness for causing him pain, cursing our stubborn beasts for their instance of piercing his pale flesh in unison, scarring him in order to declare him ours.  But as he shook his head and bubbles of laughter broke from his slightly tender throat, he declared that he was not crying due to discomfort (though at the same time he let us not forget that he was suffering the aftermath of our combined marking).  His tears were being shed in joy for he could see the full colour of our bodies; every freckle, every kiss mark, the hint of blue of veins beneath our flesh. 

As Michael had had the foresight to book the room for two nights and we proceeded to pamper Alex for the entire day. We utilised room service for breakfast, poured him a luxurious bubble bath and carried him like a princess, before carefully lowering him into it.  We massaged his lower back, causing him to moan delectably and kissed him until his lips were swollen and his eyes glazed with heat.  Obviously, we could not wound further his entrance, but that was not the only way to bring him to climax... nor us.  Lunch was... I forget if we bothered even eating, but we did order dinner after Alex woke from a nap, his stomach rumbling loudly.  By the end of the day he'd completely forgiven us for how rough we were upon him the night before.  He had blushed as we voiced how wonderful it had felt to be inside him, but he had basically sworn that we would not be entering his body together in that way in the future. I'm sure we'll change his mind eventually, but for now our beasts were more than content to take him separately.

The following day, he had still felt the pain in his hips and there was still much tenderness, but we were due to take a flight to one of the tropical islands, so he had to bear with it. Naturally, he slept most of the journey. When we arrived at the beach house, with it's view of the deep, blue ocean and golden sands, he was so entranced, that he nearly forgot any aches still remaining.  He could see the colour of the ocean. In the end we only played around on the beach so much, usually we ended up fooling around in the beach house, especially after Alex's body had more or less healed, ready for us to 'wound' him all over again.

Despite the heat and near endless rays of sun, my tiger wasn't too keen on the beach, he didn't like the feel of the sand between his paws, so the few times I lulled about in my glorious, striped form, it would be on the deck of the beach house. Michael's wolf, however, was like a puppy dog, bounding into the waves and doggy paddling until his fur was more salt than sand. Alex would play with him in the waves, while I watched contentedly from afar. He shifted into his human form, modesty only covered by the ocean, Alex handing him a pair of shorts. His skin had turned bronze, making his blue eyes pop even more. I caught Alex staring enraptured by him several times and had to remind him that he had a second, equally dashing mate in his presence, although somewhat red and peeling in places. I was slow to tan, but quick to burn.