Rescue Party

We entered the drop-ship, Wells and Clarke where fighting about whether he should go or not.

"Clarke, he's right. We need him." Monty said. "So far, no one has volunteered except her." He pointed at me.

"I'm sorry, Monty you are not going, either."

"Like hell I'm not. Jasper is my best friend."

"You're too important. You were raised on Farm Station and recruited by engineering." Clarke explained.

"So?" Monty said.

"So food and communication. What's up here is gonna save us all." She said, pointing to his head. "You'll figure out how to talk to the Ark and I'll bring Jasper back."

"We'll bring Jasper back," I said, and weirdly she smiled and turned her back, so I followed her.

Finn was arriving, and Clarke kept the smile, but now wider.

"Hey, you ready?"

"I'm not going anywhere, and neither should any of you. That spear was thrown with pinpoint accuracy from 300 feet." I knew Finn was not wrong but we HAD to save Jasper.

"So what? We let Jasper die?" Monty was mad.

"That's not gonna happen," Clarke said and I nodded. Then she turned to Finn. "Space-walker? What a joke. You think you're such an adventurer. You're really just a coward." Barely did she know.

"It's not an adventure, Clarke, it's a suicide mission."

Clarke went outside, ignoring what he had just said and I followed her, but thinking I didn't want to be her little puppy the whole trip.

Then we got near Octavia and Bellamy, he was taking care of her.

"You could have been killed." He said, worried.

"She would have been if Jasper didn't jump in to pull her out." Clarke joining the conversation.

"You guys leaving?" Octavia said getting up. "I'm coming too."

"No, no, no," Bellamy said, stopping her. "No way. Not again."

"He's right, your legs just gonna slow us down." I looked at Clarke, whoa, that was rude. "I'm here for you." She said looking at Bellamy and I felt something inside me revolving.

"Clarke, what are you doing?" Wells said.

"I hear you have a gun." Bellamy showed her his gun, that was hiding in the side of his pants. I didn't like that intimacy between them. "Good, follow me."

"And why would I do that?"

"Because you want them to follow you, and right now, they're thinking only one of us is scared." Bellamy knew Clarke was right. We all knew.

"Murphy came with me." He said while dressing his jacket. "Atom? My sister doesn't leave this camp. Is that clear?"

"I don't need a babysitter," Octavia replied.

"Anybody touches her, they answer to me." He finished talking to Atom. "Let's go." He said to Murphy, and I ended up following. Why was I being just "one more" again?

I was behind Bellamy and Murphy, going alone. Alone with my thoughts on how did I ended there and what would I do.

Then I heard Bellamy telling Clarke to wait so I walked faster, to catch them.

"What's the rush? You don't survive a spear through your heart." He said.

Now he was being an asshole again.

"Put the gun away, Bellamy," Wells said since Bellamy came playing with it.

"Well, why don't you do something about it?" Murphy said, attacking Wells. Such a Drama Queen.

"Jasper screamed when they moved him. If the spear struck his heart, he'd have died instantly. It doesn't mean we have time to waste." Clarke explained.

"As soon as you take this wristband off, we can go," Bellamy said, grabbing her wrist, and I looked away.

"The only way the Ark is gonna think I'm dead is if I'm dead. Got it?" She told him.

"Brave princess," Bellamy replied, at least I knew Finn was almost there. With him there, I didn't have to worry about her and Bellamy.

"Hey, why don't you find your own nickname?" There he was, the peacemaker. "You call this a rescue party? Got to split up, cover more ground. Clarke, come with me." He said and they both went away.

I was almost sure I was gonna be stuck with Murphy. But no, they all started walking and expected me to do so.

"Do you guys even know how to count? We were six, like 3 each way?" I said.

"Well, princess, if you don't like the team goes alone." I looked at him with surprise. "What? At least with you I have no one accusing me of stealing nicknames."

I rolled my eyes but I was smiling inside. Then Wells and Bellamy started to walk faster, talking to each other, I really was stuck with Murphy.

"So, princess, you scared?" Murphy said to me and I raised my brow. There it was, my opportunity to do something that later on could lead to an actual friendship.

"You think you scare me, Murphy?" He looked at me smirking. "Not at all, I see past that cruel exterior. I see a scared little kid, I just wonder what kind of pain you're hiding." Instead of waiting for him to answer I started walking faster. "You coming?" I joked.

He didn't answer, just kept walking.

A/N

Hello there! Hope you're enjoying. Don't forget to vote, thank you! MERRY CHRISTMAS.