Part 2: The Fire

Clash had learned of the many classes. He was supposed to be in history class right now. He had been walking towards the class when he heard yelling. 

"DONT GO IN THERE!" Moon was screaming at them and trying to pull her friends out. Clash had appeared looking inside. The only ones left inside were a gray eyed rainwing and a nightwing. Clash also saw carnelian starting to walk in. 

"I wouldnt do that if i were you." Clash said blocking carnelian from the doorway. 

"And why is that"? "Because-" thats all he was able to say before he caught the scent, a burning scent, like the weapon the hunters and red dragons of his old world had used against him. (Blast powder!!!) Clash yelled in his mind. He threw himself into carnelian, wrapping his wings around her as a blast of fire exploded from the doorway. The fire had blown the spikes off his wings but he had firrproof scales. Everyone was screaming. Seconds later, Clay and a red skywing were running into the fire. Trying to get the two left inside out. Clay came out with the blind rainwing with burned wings and a scorched back. The skywing, Clash remembered as Peril, was pulling out the nightwing. He had been burnt to a crisp. Dead. The rainwing seemed to be breathing. 

"What happened!!!" He could hear Winter yelling. Clash ran to see Winter, Kinkajou and Quilbi all staring at moon. Moon had her hands on her eyes as Winter yelled at her. 

"Whats going on." Clash said putting himself between Moon and the group. 

"She knew about the fire before it happened!" Winter yelled. 

"Well it couild be a nightwing power, it might have manifested in time for her to save you. Moon, tell the truth. If they attack, they wont get past me" Clash promised as he grew his small white spikes into jet black spines. "I... i... i can see glimpses into the future. I can't handle the power and i was in too much pain to get Bigtail and Tamarin (the nightwing and rainwing-author) moon whispered through her tears.  

"If you have these powers then can you read our mi-" 

" THATS ENOUGH!!!" the three dragons were interupted by Clash's roars. "Now is not the time. She saved your lives! Let her rest... we'll talk in the morning." Clash yelled at them then muttered as he took moon down the hallway. As they walked he say a blue green seawing jogging up to them. 

"I can heal her wing. Let me take her" the seawing said. 

"Okay." Clash responded handing moon to the seawing.

Later that evening Clash was sitting on on the edge of a cliff looking at the sunset. He heard footsteps come behing him. "Hi carnelian." Clash greeted her with the nicest tone he could muster after the fire. 

"I just wanted to say thanks. You saved my life there. I might not be here if it werent for you." Carnelian said wrapping her wings around him in a hug. "Damn it... im getting soft." Carnelian wispered to herself.

"I think it's cute." Clash muttered pulling her into a deeper hug.

AUTHOR's NOTE

I'll keep reading the book and see what I can add to the story.

I kind of see something between Clash and Carnelian (insert lenny face).

What do you think??? How was it?