18. A Little More Of Me{Part 1}

Few Days Later.
|August 20th|

Sarai' Morgan

"That was cute." Mel commented as I told her about the date I went on with Jah and the girls. "Yeah, it was nice. But now to the fucked up news..." I trailed off as I casually came out of my robe. Today was the day of Jabri's art show and also the weekend for 'girls day' which was tomorrow. I told him I had to pull some extra hours so I couldn't make it. I was going to surprise him though. He didn't know it but I had our night planned out. I was so happy that 'girls day' came because I haven't been to the spa in a couple of months. It was definitely overdue.

"Oh shit, I don't like the sound of that. Does it involve Q's ass?" Mel rolled her eyes in disapproval. "Yes. Mel, he came out of the dark like a thief in the night! He had this strange look in his eyes and he never took them off me." A weird energy came over me as I talked about it. Q was definitely out of his mind. I knew his behaviors when he was off his meds but that look was something I'd never seen before. Not to mention, his next move was always unpredictable. I don't know what he had planned but I was not feeling it.

"Daddy Morgan knows, right? Rai' this could be some serious shit." Mel insisted. "He's gonna kill him. I can't stand him but Daddy killing him would be on my conscious. Jabri hit him! Just punched him dead in his face, he didn't even look at him until then." I rambled as I recalled the scene. "His eyes were set on me and it creeped me the hell out." I frowned. I had been trying to block out the fact that Q was back in town. Everything was going just fine until he showed up.

"I know this babe but listen, he's unstable. Where are his parents? Have you talked to them?" She asked. Shaking my head 'no' I sat on the bed and moisturized my legs. "I'm gonna drop by today, probably after the art show. I haven't talked to them since everything happened. I just want him to leave me the hell alone." I fussed. "If Daddy Morgan handles him then you won't have to worry about him, that's all I'm saying." She shrugged. "I don't want any drama, from anyone. I just want to move on with my life. I never thought this would happen, why is this happening?" I began to get emotional. Mel came over to my side and wiped my tears.

"I don't know Rai', I really don't. He's just in a bad place right now and he's capable of anything. Have you told Jabri what's happening?" She asked. "No...not yet. I plan to tell him everything tonight. It's just so hard to talk about, you know? This is crazy." I said to myself. Never would I have thought that my best friend; someone I trusted with my life, would betray me. He always promised to never hurt me no matter the circumstance. Now I see that he was speaking more so about physical rather than emotional hurt. He had definitely scarred me with that one.

"It is." She agreed with a sigh. "But you wipe your face and continue to get ready so that you can go support your man. He's here to protect you too Rai', remember that. That's why he needs to know about Q. The longer you wait the worse it'll get..." She advised before she stood. I took a deep breath and nodded, wiping my face. "There she goes." Mel smiled at me. "Here I am." I reassured her and myself. Right now was not the time to be stressing over Q and his bullshit. I would cross that bridge when I got there.

"Where are you going?" I wondered as I walked over to my closet to get my clothes. "Antonio is surprising me tonight...he didn't say. I'm excited though! Everything's been going great!" She blushed happily. "That's great! So this is a long term thing?" I smirked. "So far, so good. He wants me to meet his girls but I want to wait a while longer. They're 8 and 10 years old...that's big." She stated which made me think about Lex. Lex was still fairly small so she didn't understand the dynamic between Jah and her mom. As for Antonio's kids, they were older so I could understand her hesitance.