drunk

I was drunk on gin. His gin. I mean, Thomas's bloody gin. The same shit he has twenty bottles of in this house like any alcoholic would.

But he ain't no alcoholic. Just someone who supplies gin to potential alcoholics. May God forgive him.

My new found best drinking buddy Polly and I decided to have a drink at her house. I asked one of the drivers to take me over to hers after she rang me.

We downed a bottle, because the sweetness kind of makes the burn in your throat bearable. And we kind of lost control after a while.

My eyes cloud against the front door as I twist the knob and stumble inside. Mary, our main maid, and a great friend of us notices me and smiles nervously.

"Oh, Ms. Piers." She chirps, hurrying over to me.

I shut the door behind me and lean against it. I can't even feel my legs, oh God. I've had a far too many. I press my hand to my head, unable to even really form a thought before she speaks again.

"Mr. Shelby is in his office."

I roll open my eyes. Tell me something I don't know, Mary. Come on.

"Oh, sorry Ms. Piers. He seemed pretty upset that you weren't home yet."

Fuck I must've said that out loud.

Raising my hands, I can feel my voice getting ready to rise. "Well Tommy can go fu-"

"Kiara!"

As if I heard gunfire, I duck. Right behind Mary. He's at the stairs, walking down the steps with a big ol' frown on his face.

"Fuck!" I clutch onto her shoulders before clearing my throat. "Hurry, Mary. Let's make a run for it."

"Ms. Piers!" She laughs, shaking her head.

"Mary!" I squeal. He's going to kill me.

"Kiera, where were you?!" His voice booms.

Mary slides along, leaving me to the beast. My beast.

"I was ah," I lick my lips, trying to look away from those blue eyes. "You know. I was just with Polzzzz."

You know, I never noticed how stiff he looks. Shoulders square, arms always out ready to brawl if he needs to. He looks too muscular. Especially for my scrawny self. Oh Jesus, I should probably start wearing corsets and stop eating so bloody much . Mum was probably right: when you gain weight, they leave ya.

"Are you going to leave me?" I ask and instantly regret it.

That anger in his face morphes into confusion. "What?"

"What?" I ask back, blinking.

Thomas will never leave me. That mans far too infatuated.

"It's nearly two in the morning, Kiera."

"Oh noo..." I try to sound as bummed out as possible but fail miserably. Standing before him, Tommy rubs his face in irritation.

What is he all upset about? "Can't a girl have fun?"

"Not when the Italians are trying to kill everyone I love."

"Oh don't be barbaric." I hiss, waving a hand in his face. "I've got Italian blood in me, I do. They wouldn't dare harm me." This is the truth.

Thomas takes my wrist in his hand and pulls me close. He takes that hand and kisses my knuckles. "You smell awful, Kiera. Like someone threw their drinks on you."

"I may or may not be drunk." I bite my tongue, staring into his eyes.

Cocking his head, Tommy playfully rolls his eyes. "I heard you singing outside, you don't think I know you're drunk?"

"You know...." I lean in, sluggishly wrapping an arm around his neck. "I really want you..."

"You're saying 'you know' quite a bit." He hums, "come on. Let's get you off of your feet-"

"Thank God." I moan, "will you give me a bath too?"

He bends down, moving his hand under my legs and scooping me into his arms. I gasp before smiling, this is nice. Carrying me upstairs, I leave small kisses on his neck.

"If I give you bath, I'm afraid you'll drown."

I laugh, "I might just."

Regardless, Thomas peels off my clothes, gets a bath ready and helps me inside. He doesn't leave me side, washing my hair, making sure he gets all of the late night drunkness off of me.

"Polly told me something today," I swallow, watching as he runs the warm rag over my arms.

"Oh no." Tommy takes a pull of his cigarette, examining the work he does on my skin.

"She said you really loved your mum even though she was mad." I watch his expression only to see him stare blankly into the water. "Tommy-" I shift in the water, turning to face him.

"That's enough now," He swallows. "Hey?"

"I love you." I tell Thomas.

"I love you." He takes the cigarette out of his mouth to kiss me sweetly. "No more drinking with Pol, please? Your eyes aren't their normal colour."

"Who will I drink with then?" I splash a little water around me. "Polly's fun."

"Perhaps me." He raises an eyebrow.

"Pa-lease." Scoffing, I splash bits of water onto his face to see him pull back with a snarl.

"Don't you dare." He points right at me.

"Oh-kaaaaaay." I drag my fingers over his, "We need to find Polly a man."

"No we don't, Jesus."

She's probably so dry down there. My eyes nearly well up. "Tommy, we do!"

"We don't." He hisses, "Is that what you two chat about?" He rubs my back.

"Mmmm-hmmmm. And you."

"What is it that you two say about me?"

"Just girl stuff." I lean forward, taking my hair to one side and brushing out the ends.

"Like?"

"Like how you like to fuck me up the ass."

He stops, "But I don't like to do that. Nor have I ever." He sounds so scared, which only makes me giggle.

"I know. I'm only playing, Thomas. Jesus, you think your aunt wants to hear about our sex life?" Perv.

"I don't know."

"Well no. We talk about how I changed you, well Pol said I changed you..." my voice floats in the air.

He doesn't respond, because he knows it the bloody truth.

"I don't know I did so," I sigh. "But I made you a good lad. You still kill people." I raise my finger. "But I know you're a good lad."

"Oh hush up," He hisses. "I'm a good lad because of me mum, you only make me laugh here and there."

"Pssssssht."

"Seriously." He smirks.

"Don't argue with me."

"Okay Kiera."