Chapter 6

"I'm telling you Chrissy he's been such a jerk lately. It's not my fault I don't necessarily have the strongest of arms.", Camila ranted to her best friend, Christine Tegan-Hamilton, the next day. "Well Mila what can you expect? I mean do you know who you are? Do understand the significance of your own self?", Chrissy said. "Ugh obviously. I'm the next damn leader for this mafia. Now my dad is thinking to intensify my training plus double the hours! I can't handle that shit at all!", Camila groaned.

Chrissy placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. "Just at least try. I know it sounds horrible, but you know you give half crap most of your training sessions." Camila rolled her eyes "Well duh! Cause I don't want to be in there."

"That may be so, but obviously your dad can give less than a crap. Just at least do something so he can ease off ya.", Chrissy said sympathetically. "Yeah yeah whatever.", Camila sighed.  "Well I'll be heading back now. My mom will be expecting me soon.", Chrissy said as she stood up from Camila's bed. "How long will you be in Idaho for?", Camila asked while standing up as well.

"Eh I'd say less than two weeks. The work that my mom and dad need to get done over there isn't too much, but it still needs to get done.", Chrissy said. "Well I'll see you until then I guess.", Camila smiled slightly. "Yup. I'll text you and thanks for having me over before I left.", Chrissy thanked gratefully. "Of course you know you're always welcome.", Camila beamed.

"Still forever will appreciate it. See ya Mila.", Chrissy said as she walked out of Camila's bedroom. "Bye!", Camila called out to her.

Now Camila was fully alone. No other friends to contact with and she sure didn't want to be all friendly with the people who are part of the Cabello mafia. Camila hated being friendly with those who kept edging at her and made her do stuff that was physically impossible. Not that Camila wasn't born with some disorder or anything, but Camila knew she isn't exactly built for the life of future mafia leader. Especially to a well known one.

The Cabello mafia was the fourth most well known mafia across Florida. The Jauregui mafia being the first (the biggest competition and the Cabello's top enemy), The Mendoza mafia being second, and The Hansen mafia being third. Every other mafia group in Florida was small, weak, and not well known. At lot of pressure is being put onto Camila's shoulders. Her dad wants her to be very very very successful and help the mafia grow larger than ever.

Camila always sees the pure envy is her dad's eyes when he talks about the other mafia groups; especially the Jauregui group. The Jauregui mafia was always thriving no matter what. The group had everything they needed it was pretty much close to impossible on taking them down. All thanks to Michael Jauregui. The mafia group's long time leader. He was smart and clever. He always had a plan for everything. People of the group love him and people of the streets respect him.

Now rumor has it that Michael has a daughter. Which meant bad news for everyone. A new, young, trained Jauregui leader. Alejandro's anger always rises when that detail comes to his head. Camila doesn't really care for it all. Camila sees it as something unimportant. So what if the most well known mafia group has a future leader? So does everyone else. The Hamilton's have a future leader. The Hansen's have a future leader. Camila just doesn't understand why it's such a fucking huge deal if the Jauregui's have a future leader.

Nonetheless Camila always lets her father banter on and on until he gets a headache, kicks her out of his office, and falls asleep with his head on his desk. Camila can sometimes understand and see what her father comes from and she does have some days where she wants to make her father proud. But most of the time Camila gets in this headspace that she just doesn't belong in a society like this.

It's just not meant for her. Although in some ways it is.

Camila knows nothing more beyond the mafia. Sure she's been educated, has read books, or seen TV, but she's never known it all in depth. Camila always dreams of wanting to explore the city and experience new levels. It was all just a fantasy though. A fantasy that would never come true. Cause Camila knew if she stepped out into the open world, beyond the mafia, her Cabello mark would give her away and she'll either be taken to custody or be shot on sight.

Camila has learned as well that every mafia has some sort of "acknowledgement". The Jauregui's had specific tattoos, The Mendoza's had symbols on everything they basically own, and The Hansen's had their zodiac signs burned into their skin. The Cabello's had a mark. A mark that always appeared on their left wrist. Either you were born with it or you had to either tattoo or burn in the mark. You were automatically known as a Cabello with that mark.

Camila looked down at her wrist and signed. She wanted nothing more then to rid of her mark. She wouldn't be part of the mafia, she would be safe, and she could do whatever the hell she wanted. Camila always smiled at the image of it all, but she knew something always kept her back for her to stay. The sake of her father.

When Camila was young hell broke loose between the mafias; The Jauregui and Cabello mafias specifically. War had started and alliances had to join in. Chaos broke out everywhere across Florida and law had no control of it. Camila was maybe about five years old when it all happened.

She remembered vividly. Her dad was in front of her, protecting her, as he fired at the Jauregui's. He then told Camila to hide in her "Secret Place" while he went to retrieve her mom. Camila waited for what seemed like hours until her dad finally come back with a tear stained face and broken expression. Camila was picked up by her dad's arms and was lead to where her dead mom lied.

Alejandro and Camila lost two things that day. A mother/wife and a future sister/daughter. Camila witnessed the way her dad grieved over his wife's and unborn daughter's death. He was either sobbing his eyes out or shouting at everyone angrily. It was like that for at least three years. That's how the mafia fell so lowly.

Now Camila's dad despised everything about the Jauregui's. Who could blame him really?

That's what kept Camila here. So her dad wouldn't lose anyone else. Even if she hated her life here in the mafia. She would try to remain strong for her dad. Make him proud of his little miracle.