Messy Emotions

Draco's P.O.V
I felt like I'd been run over by the night bus. My body ached and I was still far to sleepy to function. But I jolted awake the second I felt something under my head, something that was not a pillow and not meant to be there.

It took a lot of energy, but I moved ever so slightly. Just enough to acknowledge that the thing under my head was Harry's arm and his hand was resting on my shoulder. It gets even better (or worse) though, Because guess where my arm was? Yeah it was under his back and snaked round his waist into a hug.

Apparently I fell asleep next to Harry before realising that I'd have to wake up next to him. I do hope he fell asleep first or that'll be quite embarrassing. I cast a tempus charm and it was 6:48 am. On a normal day I would've been up, but I think I'll be staying in bed for a while. My bed.

I was still lying with Harry, hugging him while he was asleep and as comfortable as it was, I knew I had to move. I slid my arm out as slowly as I could but Harry wasn't a heavy sleeper. He woke up and retracted his arm at the speed of lightning and grabbed his wand as a reflex. I don't remember him having any nightmares because I wasn't the heaviest sleeper either and would've woke up with the movement. I guess during sleep, your vulnerable. That's why he grabs his want instantly.

His shoulders were tense and his breathing turned rapid. I held my hands up and waited till he realised it was only me. When he did, he dropped his wand and put a hand on his forehead.

Luckily we weren't asleep and hugging anymore but we were still in the same bed when Granger entered the hospital wing. But when she didn't react surprised or shocked in the slightest, I became a bit wary. I noticed the pile of papers on the desk beside Harry's bed and dropped my head in my hands.

"Harry, I came earlier to give yesterday's homework," she said, nodding towards the pile of papers, "but you were still asleep and I didn't want to wake you. Or Draco."

"Oh thanks Hermione, and uh- Ron didn't come with you did he?" Harry asked, embarrassed.

"No, I think he's still asleep now actually."

"Good." Harry whispered.

"So are you going to tell me why you're in the hospital wing? After that we'll cover why you're in the same bed." She said very teacher-like. In fact, she reminded me of McGonagall.

"I started it Mione, I didn't mean to but it wasn't Draco's fault at all." He confessed instantly, before I had the chance to pin the blame on him first.

"Right, but what happened?"

"We both ended up in the hospital wing due to our magical mess and he got here in a bit of a rage. He started a fight and I was defending myself, but we both get the same injuries and after a while we were too hurt to carry on." I explained.

She shook her head at Harry in not a disapoined way, but a sad and understanding one.

"Draco, can I speak to you?" She asked, walking through the curtains.

"Yeah." I said, cursing under my breath as I tried to get up.

Granger was a few feet away from Harry's bed so we were out of sight and earshot.

"How bad was it?" She questioned.

"Very. But before he came here, he was watching a memory of his parents and Professor Lupin and Sirius. I think that triggered it."

"That wasn't him acting, I see you've forgiven him but I need you to know that Harry isn't like that. I mean, he used expelliarmus in a duel against Voldemort because he could never bring himself to cast anything else. We've all been through a lot, but please tell me you'll give him another chance? I've not seen him happier since you became friends with him, as much as either of you would like to deny that."