ten

I peered into the full-length mirror in my room, my reflection staring straight back at me.

I was dressed in skinny black ripped jeans and a black silky crop top and an off white cardigan with my black converse.

You must be wondering where I'm going and why I'm slightly dressed up. Well to answer your question, I'm going on my date with Jace.

Yes, The blue-eyed boy. The hot new guy. The waiter that gave me his number.

Ryder absolutely lost his marbles when Alex told him three days ago about the date, hangout thing. He tried so many times to convince me not to go but I had messaged Jace that I was more than happy to "hang out".

I walked out of my room and walked over to Ryder's door and lightly knocked on his door.

"Ryder?" I asked when I didn't get a reply.

"Come in." He said softly.

I walked into his room and I was instantly faced with an odd sight.

It was definitely Ryder but he was wrapped up in his blankets and exaggerated a cough when I walked in and towards him. I tilted my head slightly as I looked down at him, he looked sick but I knew better.

"Where are you going so dressed up?" He asked innocently and added in a cough.

"I'm hanging out with Jace." I said rolling my eyes at him.

"Bu-but I need you here. To take care of me, I'm clearly sick." He said sadly adding in another cough and a sniffle.

"Well, I cant ive made plans." I said sitting down on the edge of his bed.

He was about to protest when I cut him off.

"I don't want to get sick but if you really want someone to stay with you then-" I'm instantly cut off by an excited Ryder, he even pulls me down into his chest and squeezes me tightly.

"I wasn't finished." I said sternly pushing away from him and standing up as he let out an annoyed sigh but stayed quiet waiting for me to finish.

" then I'm sure Alex or someone will come over and look after you until I come back." I said looking down at him with a small smile.

"That's a horrible idea!" he yelled dramatically.

"I'm clearly sick and need you to stay here with me and I think a hug and chicken soup would definitely make me feel better." he said making sure to add in a very forced cough and few sniffles.

"Ryder stop being such a drama queen, I promise when I get home I'll take care of you." I said rolling my eyes as my phone vibrated.

" I said rolling my eyes as my phone vibrated

"it was him wasn't it?" Ryder said grumpily.

"I'll be home before you know it and ill text Alex to come over and look after you." I smiled and lent down and hugged him, he instantly wrapped his arms around my small frame pulling me into his lap as he sat up in his bed.