eleven

Eight years ago.

"Mommy are we almost there?" I asked tiredly from the backseat of my mothers' old pick up truck.

"Yes dear, just a little further and then well be home." She said softly.

"And then i can have some oreos and watch Hannah Montana?" I asked excitedly.

"Yes of course honey.' Was always her answer.

I would have had to of made mom watch it about a million times, it was my favourite movie but yet she still would watch it with me.

We would sing along to every song and cry when Hannah or Miley would take off her wig at the end.

We were almost home when we were going around a corner and there was a deer in the middle of the road. the doe had come out of the forest that was right near the road.

My mother was always so caring and loving, she never wanted to hurt anyone or anything.

She had always loved animals which is why she swerved out of the way not having the heart to hit the animal.

I remembered her yelling for me to hold on, not to be afraid and lastly, that she loved me with all her heart.

We smacked into a big, round pine tree, the windscreen shattered and glass flew everywhere.

I was crying, yelling for my mother, but it was too late. The impact instantly killing her, crushing her breaking every bone in her body.

I kept crying, I could hear ambulance sirens in the distance, my head was throbbing and I slowly lost my vision as I could hear voices yelling but the darkness consumed me.

"Flo!"

"Flo its okay, you're safe." A voice said as I jolted up in my bed.

"Hey hey, shush its okay it's me." ryders soft voice cut through the silent, dimly lit room from the hallway light.

"Ryder?" I asked confused. He was in my room but more importantly, his arms were wrapped around me holding me tightly to his chest.

"You were dreaming and I could hear you yelling. I-I thought something bad was happening." He said worry evident in his voice.

"I'm sorry I was having a nightmare." I said quietly.

I wish it was just a nightmare but it was real.

"I know that now." He whispered nuzzling his head in the crook of my neck.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to worry you." I said softly.

"I just hope you're okay. When I opened your door and heard you yelling and saw the tears running down your face I thought you were awake but I got closer and noticed you were asleep." he said worried and hugging me tighter.

"I'm so sorry I scared you, I'll let you go to sleep." I said softly playing with the hem of my shirt waiting for him to let me go and leave my room.

"Flo I think you might be better off sleeping with me, in my bed." He said into my neck.

"Um, I don't know." I said somewhat nervous about sleeping with ryder.. in his bed.

"Please. I won't try anything. It'll be good for both of us. If you have another nightmare I'll be there to comfort you and it'll stop me from worrying all night". He said yawning tiredly.

"Fine." I said giving up, knowing he had a good point.

"Yay." He said happily getting up and pulling me towards his room.

We walked out of my room and into his he shut the door behind him. His room was nice, to say the least. His walls were a clean cream white colour, he had a double bed against his wall which was on the left side of his room and then to the right side he had a walk-in closet and an ensuite.

"I'm going to go for a shower, make yourself comfy." he winked as he disappeared into the bathroom closing the door behind him.

I moved over to the left side of the bed and got under the covers. I laid my head down on the pillow, I didn't realise how tired I was until I fell asleep.

***

I groaned softly when a ray of sunlight shone on my face waking me up from my peaceful sleep. I rolled over sleepily expecting to be a lot more room when I collided with something or someone. My heart started to race when I was met with a very familiar face and a bare chest. It thumped even harder when I felt something mildly heavy resting lightly on my waist, it was Ryder's arm.

"Ryder." I whispered.

No response.

"Ryder!" I yelled into his ear.

It probably wasn't one of my best ideas because his arm that was originally peacefully resting on my waist, had wrapped tightly around me pulling my body into ryders bare chest protectively.

"What?! What happened?!" He asked on high alert as if someone tried to attack me which wasn't possible.

"Nothing you idiot I need to pee so let me go." I said as he quickly moved away from me.

"Ew don't pee on me." He said like a child.

I just rolled my eyes and climbed over him and made my way over to the ensuite. I quickly did my business and then looked into the massive mirror that was over the sink. I looked like I had been attacked by a fat raccoon and then a chicken decided to make a nest on my head. It wasn't attractive in any way possible.

"Hurry up I need some morning cuddles." Ryder whined huskily from his bed.

"Shush I need to try and fix this mop." I yelled back at him.

"There's a brush in the second drawn, on the right." Ryder chuckled.

Within a few minutes I walked back out with my hair tied into a messy bun, Ryder was sprawled out on the bed. he looked me up and down when I walked out and over to him. I climbed back over to him and laid down nuzzling my face into the pillow.

"Where did you go last night? You weren't there when I got back" I said softly turning to face him.

"Oh, I um went back to Alex's for a bit. Didn't you get my text?" He asked as he pulled me into his warm chest.

"I don't know maybe." I said into his chest as he twirled a loose strand of my light hair.

"your dream last night." Ryder said cautiously.

"I'm always here if you want to talk about it." He smiled

"I'm not ready to yet, but thank you." I said my voice shaky.

" its okay gorgeous. whenever your ready I'm here." he said kissing the top of my head.

In this moment I never wanted it to end. for once in my life, I felt one hundred percent safe, a feeling I haven't felt in years.

 for once in my life, I felt one hundred percent safe, a feeling I haven't felt in years

Omg two days in a row!!

Please excuse the dream part I know it's not on an angle my phone won't let me do it and it triggers me really hard so sorry about that.

Please don't forget to vote and comment💗