~Eighty-Eight~~

A/N: Hello!! This is literally the only book I have flowing ideas for rn hence why I'm updating this so much.

So enjoy it while it lasts xD

"Hey, Leah?" Harry had to speak rather loudly since I was blow-drying my hair.

"Yes, honey?" I switched off the hairdryer so that I could hear him better.

"Can I ask for a weird favour?"

"What is it?"

"Erm...well, I've kind of been wondering what it'd look like if I painted my nails."

"What?" I rose an eyebrow and giggled, "Have you really?"

"Yeah. Kind of like Johnny Depp or Steven Tyler, you know? What they do," he said, "but like, I don't know the first thing about painting my nails. Can you help me?"

"Wait, you want to do that now?" My eyes widened, "On the day of your awards show?"

"Yeah. Why not?" Harry replied with a nod and a smile, "I need to learn to be a bit more spontaneous."

"Er...well, OK," I smiled and nodded back at him, "if that's what you really want, I did bring some nail polish with me."

"Cool," his smile grew, "let me take a look."

I went over to the dresser where I was still in the process of unpacking all my toiletries – and opened up the plastic re-sealable bag that I'd packed a few of my favourite nail polishes in: a wine red one, a metallic light purple one, a pearly white one, a dark pink one, and a black one.

"Alright, H," I brought the polishes over to him, "which colour do you like?"

Harry examined the colours for a few moments.

"Hmm..." he bit his lip thoughtfully, "I guess the black would probably look the most masculine, huh?"

I giggled. "Probably."

"Let's go for that, then."

"You sure you want to do this?" I asked him.

"Yep. Go for it," he nodded.

I chuckled. "Alright, then. But I'm gonna need you to sit down."

We moved over to the bed and sat down on the end of it. I then took the black polish and tapped the bottle against my hand to shake it, before twisting open the lid. I then pulled out the brush, scraped off any excess polish against the opening of the bottle and put the bottle aside before I told Harry to give me his hand.

"How are you feeling about today?" He asked me as I began to carefully paint his thumb.

"Well...I guess I'm a bit nervous about how people will react to this pregnancy, but...everyone's gonna find out eventually, right?" I bit my lip a little, "Today's as good as any..."

"Exactly," Harry smiled at me, "it's gonna be fun, babe. We're gonna have a good time."

"I hope so..." I chuckled nervously.

"Are you sure you're still feeling alright, though?" He asked me, "You know...after yesterday?"

"Yeah. Of course," I smiled and nodded, "I almost feel like it never even happened."

"Well, you will let me know if you feel funny or anything today, right?"

I rolled my eyes and chuckled softly. "Will do."

It took me about 15 minutes to finish painting his nails because I wanted to do it carefully. But, once I was finally done, I broke out a triumphant smile as I stuck the brush back into the bottle.