Chapter Forty Two- Only worse this time

Here's Mr Thomas Shawn. Iris's father.

Bullied and Loved got over 1k reads yesterday... I honestly can't thank you guys enough ❤️❤️

Another update for you..

Please do enjoy...

❤️----------------------------

Hunter's P.O.V

I was about leaving the office when Mason walked in.

I have never felt so late in my life. If only I had gotten ready five minutes earlier.

" Hunter. Hey how have you been?" Mason greeted with a smile on his face and I tried to mimick his gesture, but my facial muscles refused.

" I've been alright I guess. And as much as I would love to stay and chat, I know you aren't here to see me"

He scratched behind his head, meaning I had caught him.

" Err- I'm actually here to see both of you"

Both of us? That's a recent activity.

" Okay?, Wanna have a seat?" I gesture back to the room.

" Oh no. It's brief"

That explains why I'm involved.

I nodded as a sign for him to carry on.

" My Dad invited you over for dinner next week Saturday, he said to discuss about the deal"

Okay, maybe it was profitable delaying a little.

" Thanks for the news, but where does my secretary fit into this?"

If I could go alone it's duly preferred.

" My Dad said you can bring a plus one, so I assumed you'd bring her. You know, because she was who my Dad met"

Yes, and also because you guys want to go do rat play behind doors.

" Did your dad say I can or I should bring a plus one?" I asked him so it'll hint at I'd rather not bring her.

" He said can, but you'll need your secretary there right?"

" I'd prefer a private meeting"

Not like I plan on saying snything yet.

" Oh... Well it's your choice"

Hmmph... Like you guys give me much choices to make.

" I'll see what I can do"

His face brightened up after my slightly positive statement and I decided to walk away to where I was headed.

" Hunter?" He calls out once more.

What does he want this time? To make her show up in a bikini?

" Yes?"

" I'm sorry if dating your secretary is causing risk for your business, we promise to go under radar till you decide otherwise"

I expected many things, but not an apology.

" I've heard you" I told him and walked out to the meeting room.

Iris's P.O.V.

" I highly disagree with you Mr Debonair" Hunter said with enough will power to discourage the men before us but they didn't seem ready to back down.

  We were currently in a meeting with the representatives of an upcoming company known as DeBonAir Fashion.

  I must say, they do have a very big courage to seek for assistance from a huge industry such as Brooks and Shields.