4.

A week had passed since I had that annoying meeting with Leo

A week had passed since I had that annoying meeting with Leo. Today, I was meeting him again. Thankfully Gigi would be there with us.  I would be running around the town to scout potential venues, so I had to wear something chic yet comfortable. So, I chose a pair of jeans and a shirt with black and white stripes. I paired my outfit with a black tote and heels. I even threw a necklace on my outfit. Normally, I wouldn't care much about accessorizing but today was different.

I left home early. Leo was meeting me at The Aquamarine Palace – the nicest hotel in the entire city. They had the best ballroom and it went well with Leo's masquerade theme too. Since I knew how stuck-up Leo is, I had other backup venues too.

I took a cab till Aquamarine Palace because my damned car wouldn't start. Fortunately, I reached on time. I wasn't in a mood to hear Leo's patronizing talk on punctuality – he made it very particular that he expected me to be punctual.

The cab dropped me to the other side of the street. I got out of the cab and stood outside the swanky gates of Aquamarine. The place always baffled me with its opulence. When I was busy gawking someone bumped into me.

"Hey! Watch where you're going." I shouted at him.

I could vaguely notice the hazy figure of that idiot who bumped into me. He seemed like a young guy who was wearing a blue hoodie. That idiot didn't even bother to say excuse me or sorry. People are stupid and rude.

I looked around and saw papers strewn everywhere. My folder was open and papers were flying out. I chased a stray sheet of paper being blown by the wind. Bit by bit I gathered all the papers and stashed them in my file. Now, I just need to find my tote, put this file in my bag and I was good to go. But, the only problem was, I couldn't find my tote.

Where did my damn bag go?

I looked around everywhere but I could not find my tote. I searched everywhere but I couldn't find it. Then, it hit me – that idiot stole me bag. A wave of panic rushed over me when I realised – my phone was in my bag as well. I hadn't just lost cash and credit cards but I'd also lost all my contacts. My phone had all the numbers of my clients, venue owners, and caterers. Yet, being the fool that I am I never bothered to take backups.

I tried to think of what to do next but there wasn't anything I could do now. I'd watched in news that such kind of muggers were so adept that within fifteen minutes, they sold everything in black market. Thus, leaving no trace or evidence of their alleged crime. This was the main reason why muggers were never caught in Trinity.

My precious tote was probably dumped somewhere. My phone would be dismantled into pieces and sold piece by piece. The thought of having my phone go through this was enough to make me cry. Tears gushed out of my eyes. I felt so lost... so hopeless and so alone. I buried my face between my palms and sobbed.

"Meg? What's wrong?"

I recognised that deep voice immediately.

Great. As if my day wasn't already bad enough to have my bag stolen, now it'd get worse having to deal with Leo's sassy comments. I hated being so miserable in front of Leo; I'm sure he is never going to let me hear the end of this.