8. Everything was fine

When the bell that signaled lunch rang I was more than happy to be free of class. I could feel my stomach growling at just the thought of finally getting some food. I slowly put my things in my bag letting everyone clear out of the room.

"Have a good day Mr. Gerry." I waved to my teacher and walked into the hall.

I started the walk to the cafeteria when I heard a boy and a girl arguing by the lockers.

"It was just a kiss, I don't get the big deal." The girl complained.

"Are you actually serious right now?" The guy responded sounding annoyed.

"Trevor come on you are being ridiculous."

I looked over to see that Trevor was the guy.

"I'm the one being ridiculous? You're the one going around and kissing a bunch of guys."

"It was one guy." She argued.

I felt a pang in my chest. He had a girlfriend, I was fine. Everything was fine. I didn't even like him, my feelings were nothing.

I ran off and rushed to the table my best friend Caitlynn and her boyfriend Tyler and a couple of his friends were sitting at.

"Hey Ella." Caitlynn smiled at me.

"Hey." I replied and pulled out the bag of chips I had packed into my bag.

"Are you ok?" She asked.

"Yeah I'm fine." I lied.

My mind was stuck on the fact I was an idiot for developing feelings for Trevor. He had a girlfriend, even if things seemed rocky between the two of them he was taken. I definitely didn't want to be pathetic and wait around for him. I barely knew him, I needed to just find someone else to take my mind off of him.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when Harrison, one of Tyler's friends sat in the seat next to me throwing his arm around me.

"I'm a catch right Ella?" He looked down at me.

"I mean I guess." I shrugged.

"I met this amazing girl the other day and she just totally blew me off." He explained.

"There are plenty of other amazing girls that would totally be interested in you." I told him.

Harrison was nice, he was tall and had this crazy hair that he didn't even bother trying to tame. It was long and curly and it hung over his face most of the time but it was kinda charming.

"You know Ella you look really good today." He winked at me.

I shoved him off me and just laughed.

"I'm not the girl for you."

"Damn, Harrison you can't win." Tyler laughed.

"Shut up." He frowned.

"Aw come on Harry don't pout." I joked.

"I'm not pouting." He shot back.

I just shook my head. When I looked up I caught Trevor's eye. I frowned and looked down at my hands. Why did I let myself catch feelings for him?

The last thing I wanted to do was see Trevor but I knew I couldn't get out of history.

I walked into the classroom and I sighed when I saw Trevor already sitting in his usual seat next to me.

"I told you I would stop being late." Trevor said once I took the seat next to him.

I just nodded and looked down at my hands.

Trevor didn't try to push me to talk to him and when the teacher started talking I was off the hook.

When the teacher said we weren't working on our projects in class today I let out a sigh of relief. I was beyond happy to get out of talking to Trevor.

When the final bell rang I raced to get my stuff together and get the hell out of that classroom and as far away from Trevor as I could.

"Hey!" Trevor reached out and grabbed my arm stopping me from escaping him.

"What do you want?" I turned to face him.

"I was wondering if you wanted to get food or something right now." He said.

I was dumbfounded. Why didn't he just hang out with his girlfriend?

"We finished the outline we don't have to do anything for the project until we get the teacher's feedback." I answered and shook my arm out fo his grasp.

"I know I just wanted to hang out."

Part of me wanted to say yes but then that girls face popped into my brain and I knew what I had to do.

"Don't you have a girlfriend or something to hang out with?" I snapped.

"What?" He looked at me confused.

"Trev!" I looked behind him to see that same girl rushing towards us.

"I got to go." I said and rushed to the exit.

"Ella wait!" I heard him call out behind me.

I didn't stop and I certainly didn't look back.

"You look angry." My brother said once I walked into my house.

"That's because I am." I shot back.

"You want pancakes? I was thinking about making pancakes." He got up from the couch.

"Do you even know how to make pancakes?" I raised my eyebrows at him.

"How hard can it really be?" He questioned and made his way into the kitchen.

I hated myself. I hated that I was hesitant to join my own brother in the kitchen. How had our relationship gotten so fucked up? I didn't really need to ask that question, I knew the answer.

"You're going to burn the house down." I called out and followed him into the kitchen.

"I'm two years older than you, I think that qualifies me as being the more responsible one."

"You are definitely not the more responsible one." I shot back and started pulling out the ingredients for the pancakes.

"I'm in college, I've learned a lot." He countered.

"Fine then you can make the pancakes yourself." I backed away for the counter.

"Ok ok I may not know how to cook but I can do other things."

I just shook my head and started making the pancakes and my brother stood there being zero help at all.

A/n:

Well I hope you all enjoyed this chapter... don't hate me.

Comment and vote!!

-cora Leigh