Ark 1- Adapting to a new life

When Shu Ning came to again he found himself lying on a bed in a dimly lit room. He had to wait a moment for his eyes to get used to the darkness until he could finally see the interior of the room fully.

The room only had the basic furniture like a bed, wardrobe and a bookshelf that didn't have many books inside and the floor was covered by scattered clothes and shredded paper. By closer inspection the papers seemed to be parts of some pictures that were too ruined to see the content of it.

After a short scan of his current surroundings Shu Ning climbed out of bed and made his way into the bathroom that was connected to the bedroom by a sliding door. He first washed his hands and face and then lifted his head to the mirror to look at his new appearance.

The person in the mirror looked fair and delicate with the soft features of their face and the smooth bodyline. The short black hair fell soft around the chubby looking cheeks and the rosy lips curved into a light smile. That kind of appearance would definitely be seen as the cute type but in Shu Nings eyes it was definitely lacking.

System: "Host. I will now start transferring this worlds information to you."

Shu Ning was just opening his mouth to voice out his complains towards this new body of his when he froze by the content of the worlds information.

The original host of the body he is momentarily occupying is called Meng Yi and is the illegitimate child of the Sheng family's master Sheng Rui. Shen Rui was the leader of the Sheng company and had a son with his main wife called Sheng Su who would take over the company in the future. Meng Yi's mother didn't have any special status but had a very beautiful appearance that charmed a lot of men. But because she was more focused on her work she always ignored the men around her who proposed to her. One of her many suitors was Sheng Rui whom she met at the birthday party of the Fan family's daughter Fan Li for the first time. Meng Yi's father fell for the appearance of his mother and started his pursue of her. Of course the woman ignored him as well but that only made him want her even more. But after being turned down to often he got frustrated and drugged her to finally make her his. In this way Meng Yi's mother became pregnant and had to leave the work she so desperately fought for. Meng Yi's mother fled the town afterwards and settled down at a small village to take care of her son and escape from Sheng Ruis clutches. But after Meng Yi's fifth birthday she became sick and died and the nice neighbors of them had to take in the orphan Ming Yi. During the time this mother and son due stayed in the small village Sheng Rui was desperately searching for them and finally found Meng Yi's whereabouts seven years after his mothers death. Sheng Rui had always really liked the girl and so took Meng Yi back with him to raise him as the second young master of the Sheng family and that's where his misery then really starts.

The male lead of this world is Sheng Su. The step brother of Meng Yi. Sheng Su was an aloof and cold person who excelled in everything he does. In school he always took first place in his studies and was known as the most handsome man in school. After the age of 15 he already took over most of his fathers work and got the loyalty of all the workers of the company. One year later Sheng Rui brought back the twelve year old Meng Yi. Sheng Su's mother, Sheng Xi, was very dissatisfied of how Sheng Rui doted on Meng Yi when he was at home so she never accepted Meng Yi in the family and always bullied him in every way possible. Sheng Xi looked down on the nuisance Meng Yi and insulted him or even hit him every time she saw him. Sheng Rui was almost always gone on business trips so Meng Yi didn't have anyone to rely on and shut himself up in his room. Even though he was now part of an influential and rich family he didn't get any money from his step mother so his bed room was only sparsely decorated with the basic necessity. Sheng Su ignored Meng Yi and the way his mother treated him and Sheng Rui never noticed anything wrong because he was almost always gone. When Sheng Su was eighteen the female lead of this world, Fan Li, transferred to his class. The female lead wasn't interested in Sheng Su and treated him the same way as the rest of their class. Fan Li was a beautiful and very kind girl who had a sunny atmosphere around her. Because of that the cold hearted Sheng Su got interested in her and after they started conversing more frequently Sheng Su's cold exterior started to melt under the influence of the warm and sunny personality of the female lead. When Meng Yi met the female lead at the Sheng Familys house he noticed the feelings Sheng Su held for Fan Li and decided to disrupt their harmonious relationship. Meng Yi started to openly pursue Fan Li while laying traps for Sheng Su. But because of the protagonists halo Fan Li and Sheng Su drew closer together. So after his plans failed every time, Meng Yi drugged Fan Li and carried her of to a nearby hotel to embrace her. But just before he could do something Sheng Su kicked in the door of the room and took Fan Li away. Sheng Su embraced Fan Li that day and they got engaged. Meng Yi got thrown out of the Sheng family by his disappointed father and had to fend for himself. To survive he prostituted himself and got in contact with drugs. His life got ruined all at once and to escape from reality he drowned his sorrows in alcohol, drugs and sex until he met his end by an overdose. While Meng Yi died all alone in the darkness Sheng Su and Fan Li married and had two kids and Sheng Su took over his fathers company entirely and the Sheng company became one of the three strongest companies in the whole country.

System: "To make adapting to your new circumstances easier you got a modern world similar to the world you lived in before."

Shu Ning just continued to stare at his reflection on the mirror and didn't say anything for a long time. He first had to process the information he got before his senses finally returned.

Shu Ning: "ALPHA!! What the heck is this? This Bodys original host is a total idiot. He couldn't even do a single thing right and his appearance is way to delicate. And he is a Cannon Fodder who died in such a miserable way. Do you hate me that much?"

Shu Ning was totally enraged by the ridiculous setting of the world. And this is supposed to be his new body? You got to be kidding.

System: "〣( ºΔº )〣 H-Host. Please don't be angry. I-I didn't choose this body. Don't worry. I know you will do a very good job (*•̀ᴗ•́*)و ̑̑."

Before Shu Ning could retort back at Alpha his bed room door swung open and a beautiful woman decorated in lots of jewelry stepped inside. She wore a long white dress with blue ornaments and gold rimmed collar. Her long brown hair was tied up in an elegant way and her ankles, neck and wrists were covered by Accessoires.

Shu Ning recognised the woman out of Meng Yis Memorys as Sheng Xi. The woman had a frown on her face when she looked around the room that turned into disgust when it stopped on Meng Yi's body.

Sheng Xi:" So you're already up? Get down this instance. Don't let everyone wait for a trash like you."

Sheng Xi turned around and left as fast as she came and left the bewildered Shu Ning behind. Normally Shu Ning would have retorted her but he was now in the body of the twelve year old Meng Yi so he had to act like him from now on. But just accepting that woman's poisonous words went against his nature so he found it hard to just stay quiet in such a situation.

Shu Ning:" How could anyone actually marry a woman like that? And how could Meng Yi actually stand her arrogance? Somehow I start to feel sorry for Meng Yi now even though his doom was his own fault. Hey Alpha. You haven't given me my missions yet. I hope they are at least more satisfying than this worlds setting."

With a *Bing* a black screen appeared in front of Shu Ning.

1. Secure a stable position in the Sheng family

2. Keep the male lead and female lead from getting together

3. Make Sheng Rui see the ugly personality of Sheng Xi

Shu Ning closed the black screen and turned his attention back to the mirror. He looked at his sharp and willful expression in the mirror and thought about the restrained and shy personality of the twelve year old Meng Yi. He smoothed out his frowning eyebrows and softened the look of his eyes before he opened his wardrobe and pulled out a simple white T-Shirt and jeans to put on. With that he opened the door to his room and made his way downstairs to the living room of the Sheng family.