47-Loyalty

10 Months Later

News of The Flame and Captain America's marriage broke almost a year after said marriage. The marriage records had been found and leaked. The media was in a frenzy. During the mess that was the Sokovia Accords, Peyton Stark and Captain Steve Rogers had secretly got married. It was all anyone could talk about.

Tony had already knew about the marriage, but he didn't tell that to anyone who asked. All he told the press is that Steve had asked if he could have Tony's blessing. Tony have whole heartedly gave it to him because Steve made his sister so God damn happy. It didn't matter if Tony didn't always care for Steve Rogers. All that mattered is that his little sweet sister was happy.

News of the marriage surprised those that knew Peyton Stark. No one ever thought that the bachelorette would actually settle down and get married. Matt Murdock was very surprised. They had been together for almost three years and they have never spoke of marriage. Now, she's a wanted criminal who's happily married. He couldn't say much, especially since he had dumbly cheated on her.

Hope Pym, who was also on the run, was shocked of course. She had seen the party girl side of Peyton Stark, which included seeing the blonde snort cocaine off another woman's ass. Of course, Peyton Stark had changed plenty. She had evolved into the hero Hope Pym dreamed of being. But Stark had been in the news a lot. Her miscarriage, the sudden romance with a blind lawyer, the news of her troubled relationship with a fellow Avenger...it was about damn time that troublemaker settled down.

Laura Barton was glad that Peyton Stark was officially off limits. She was off and on the run and Clint was on house arrest. There was no damn way that he could even dream of her because he was never going to be given the chance to be near Peyton Stark again. It brought peace to her mind.

Clint Barton, well he was happy that he hadn't drove Peyton Stark, sorry Peyton Stark-Rogers to suicide with all the shit he did to her. He didn't know if he had once loved the Avenger or if he still did, but he'd be lying if he said it didn't hurt him when he saw her smile at Steve. But he couldn't think like that now. She didn't belong to him. She never did.

-

I ran a brush through my wet hair as Steve walked into the bathroom. I watch him through the mirror, a small smile on my face. He finally catches me starring and with a smile on his face, he wraps his arms around me from behind. I look at him through the mirror again, feeling so hopelessly in love with him. Steve kisses the top of my head.

"Our marriage certificate was leaked, you know." I tell Steve with a grin on my face. His eyebrows raise slightly, his face still slightly hidden by my head.

"Oh?" Steve asks, his hand moving to play with the dog tags that are on the counter. I nod as I watch him rub his thumb across the raised letters on the dog tags, "Is that an issue?"

"No. It just means the whole world knows that you and I are married. That's all it means." I tell him as I turn in his arms. Steve smiles at me as I jump onto the counter.

"And...and are you okay with that?" He asks, putting his hands on either side of my legs.

"Of course. I wouldn't have married you if I wasn't okay with people knowing that we are married, Steve. And besides it's a huge fuck you to Ross." I grin happily as him, quickly wrapping my leg around his waist, pulling him in close. Steve stumbles, chuckling.

"What are you doing, Mrs Rogers?" He asks as my other bare leg wraps around him, effectively trapping him against me.

"I have no idea what you mean, Captain Rogers." I smirk, wrapping my arms around his neck. He grins and I snap my fingers, the various candles around the room lighting at once. Steve's blue eyes look around, his face filling with excitement and wonder.