Yami Sukehiro X Tall! Reader - Mommy Cow

Headcanon: Yami is a firm believer of the "if I can't see you, you can't see me" club when it's convenient.

Third Person POV

She breathed in, and out.

She could do this.

Out there, outside this small space, was a crowd of knights, waiting for her to speak. For her words. For her instructions.

For her.

She had to take this seriously. The kingdom depended on this, and Mereoleona chose her to be the Vice-Captain of the Royal Knights, per Yami's recommendation.

Right now, they were chattering, making small talk, wondering about her.

She smoothed out her knight robe, making sure there weren't much wrinkles.

With a deep breath, she stepped out.

Silence fell.

She opened her mouth.

"Alright, ladies and gentlemen- Oh, wait."

A deadpan expression fell on her face.

"None of you are gentlemen, and none of you are ladies. My mistake, I apologize."

I KNEW ITTTTTTTTTT! Came the horrified mental shrieks of those who knew her personally, either through missions or squads, and felt worry for her and her reputation; Klaus, Mimosa, Noelle, and so on.

She breathed in again.

"Alright, I can do this. Divas, brats, assholes, morons, and douchebags alike, listen the fuck up because I only got a minute to explain this all-"

Yami and Mereoleona started laughing out of nowhere. The former, from down below with the others, and the latter, from behind her where she was standing before she started her speech.

Nozel stood next to Mereoleona, a deadpan on his face and a small irk mark.

"WHY!?" Asta shouted curiously.

"Because of your stupidly short attention spans, duh." She suddenly smiled gently. Her attitude disappeared with her next words, her words suddenly sounding soft and no longer blunt. "Not you, though, few Black Bulls, Rill, and even fewer Dawn members, I'm thrilled you're here and hope you pay attention."

"THANK YOU, MOMMY COW!"

"Thank you, Asta, dear."

She looked at the knights she had no idea the names of. Her face fell flat the moment she saw the people she would never remember.

"Alright, listen up, because this is the plan," she drawled out.

Tense silence fell over them.

They put aside her rudeness to them, for now, because this was important.

This was something that would ensure their success. Their survival.

"Now then."

Those words were heavy.

Strategy was important, and they had to have thought this through completely so that nothing fell through the cracks.

Yes, it must have been a plan devised by the smarter population of the knights, with the input of the captains and the wisdom shared by their great Magic Emperor-

"There's no plan."

In that single moment, a riot started.

Yami may have busted a gut then.