twenty-six.

+ belgium +

+ belgium +

Belgium was boring, but it was probably better than Poland would ever be. Matthias bargained with me, having me stay in Belgium for a month or two before bringing me back to Austria. It wasn't an ideal plan for a HYDRA agents but I had to deal with it, knowing that trying to convince Matthias to let me stay would be pointless.

I stood in front of a punching bag that had several rips and tears covering it from last users, my hands taped up and clenched tightly in fists held up in front of my face. I threw out a hand, thudding against the bag causing it to move slightly as I bounced on my feet slowly.

With a grunt I punched again, a loose hair falling out of my messy bun. I grunted heavier, punching with all my strength. I hadn't been on a single mission since I had gotten here, which is extremely understandable due to the fact that no missions ever came to the Agents in Belgium.

But it was better than Poland.

I threw another punch, the bag shifting with the blow. I heard shoes clicking on the floor behind me, slowly getting closer. I didn't bother turning around, continuing to jab the punching bag with alternative hands. "Agent" I heard a husky voice say from behind me. I hit the bag one more time before placing my hands out to stop it from swinging, causing the chain so squeak as it stopped the momentum of the heavy bag.

I slipped my hands out of the gloves, throwing them to the side before turning around to the unidentifiable voice. There stood a blonde man, his hair messily pushed to one side, striking green eyes looking down at me that complemented his sharp jaw line.

I walked past him to the bench that held a small towel and my water bottle, lightly brushing my bare shoulder against his ask passed. He cleared his throat lightly as I rested the towel on my shoulder and picked up the water bottle, pouring some into my mouth.

"I don't know you" I said in German, lightly dabbing the towel to my forehead to collect the little sweat that was resting there. "I'm Ahren" he said to me, clasping his hands in front of him. I seen his eyes flicker down my body, due to the fact I only had a black sports bra and tight shorts on, exposing a lot of my slightly tanned skin. The top of my HYDRA tattoo poked out at the top, the skull being on show but the tentacles still concealed under my shorts.

"Agent?" I asked him as his eye line was once back at mines. He cracked a small smirk pushing his hands into his black cargo pants, causing his biceps to slightly flex under his long sleeved T-shirt. "Yes" he said simply, looking down at the floor quickly. "Belgium name. You not want to move away from home or do you like not having any missions?" I said sarcastically, cracking a small smile, taking another drink.

"You're not happy you're stuck here too?" he retorted, no even missing a beat from my insult. I sarcatsically laughed a little, not entirely sure what I found funny. "I used to be the best there was, now I'm here" I said running my tongue across my teeth, still a bit salty.

"It's not that bad" he said as I sat down on the rickety old bench, beginning to untangle the tape off my hands. I scoffed, thinking of some snarky reply, which was taking longer than i expected. "Are you here for a reason Agent?" I asked, not looking up at him. He cleared his throat lightly, before talking once more.

"Matthias sent me to check up on you" he said simply, crossing his arms over his chest. "Typical, there's nothing to check up on, I've not left the damn compound" I said chucking the ball of old and sweaty tape at Ahren, who caught it with ease. "Danke" he said throwing the tape into the trash can that say next to the door. "You can tell Mathias I'm doing perfectly okay, and that if he wants to bring me back anytime soon I'd be more than happy to" I said condescendingly, putting my elbows on my bare knees and staring down at the floor.

"You've only got a month and a half left" he said cocking his head to the side. I sighed deeply before replying "47 days actually". He didn't reply, neither of us talking, just listening to the steady beat on my foot tapping on the floor.

"Right so, I'll just go" he said awkwardly, pointing his thumb to the door behind him. "Wait, don't" I said jumping up onto my feet, holding my hand out to him to make him stay. "Erm" he stumbled, shifting his weight from one foot to another, inside of how to gauge this situation. I wasn't entirely sure why i asked him to stay, but here i was.

"Spar with me" i said picking up the tape again, holding it out to him. He sighed deeply, "Well there's nothing else to do  around here" he said taking the tape from me, walking over to the bench and sitting on it. "On the mats?" he asked, indicating to row of chalky mats sitting on the floor to his right. I nodded my head quickly walking over to them and throwing some chalk powered onto the mats.

Ahren made his way over to me, a small smirk on his face as I held my hands in front of my face. "Want me to go easy on you?" He asked me condescendingly as he tilted his head to the side, making me scoff.

"Why does everyone keep saying that?"

——

A/N: lol long time no see guys, sorry about that but i haven't abandoned this story it just took me a while to write this chapter.
New character alert though ding ding, honestly haven't figured out his story but I felt like Alyonas life needed a little spicing up
So thanks for waiting for this chapter and sorry it's a little short but please read and vote and comment and I'll see you next time !¡

 New character alert though ding ding, honestly haven't figured out his story but I felt like Alyonas life needed a little spicing up So thanks for waiting for this chapter and sorry it's a little short but please read and vote and comment and I'l...