Chapter 47

Liana

I made a quick turn and pretended I forgot something and walked back inside and tried to find the best idea to exit without them noticing, but chances are low. I have no idea what they want, all I know is that I am so done with the whispers and gossips that happened today and if I am seen with them again it will be a disaster. I saw some interns who was in group walking together as they talk and it seemed like a good idea somehow to blend with them.

All I can say is I tried because as soon as we walked out they noticed Oliver and of course they approached him and I quickly tried to take the opportunity to get away, but of course his guards will stop in front of me and look at me with an apologetic smile. Oliver didn't notice me though thanks to the crowd. I almost came up with the plan to escape from the guard, but Grayson noticed me and waved and Oliver noticed that and he seemed lost between talking to his interns and looking at me.

I almost begged his guard to let me go, but of course they work for him and I had to walk towards Oliver and Grayson with their guards behind my back. I scowled as I approached the large group.

I don't even know why I am getting these treatments for. We are just friends anyway and he is making things harder for me to handle.

Oliver looked concerned at me when I approached them still scowling and for a moment I thought he looked scared? Who am I even kidding. The interns stared at me as I stood near them and waved awkwardly at them. They seemed confused which I took it as something good because at least they don't know me yet.

"I came to say Hi." I said looking at Grayson and Oliver and giving them a hint to not say anything.

"Hi." Grayson said waving at me.

"Do you work here too?" One female intern with black hair asked and I nodded my head.

"I have never seen you before." A male with brunette hair looked at me with a curious eyes.

"Well, it was nice meeting you all." Oliver quickly said. "I hope you are enjoying the internship and hopefully join us as our future employee." He said.

All of them was thrilled with his words and finally said good bye before leaving in excitement.

"How was your day?" He asked.

"Not bad. Thank you. What about you, sir?" I said.

He narrowed his eyes at me. "Well, Ms. Parker." He said emphasizing my last name "I was going to give you a choice about wanting to go to Japan with your sister and Grayson, but it seem like you enjoy your work and respect your boss, so I want to let you know 2 weeks from now. You will be travelling to Japan." He said shrugging and my mouth dropped open, not because I was going to Japan because he is basically ordering me to do something.

"I have work, sir." I said through gritted teeth. I was beyond mad.

"It is part of your work. There are many artists in Japan, whose work I got to know you like and this is your opportunity." He said smiling and looking at me.

"I can't." I shook my head. It will be the third time since I skipped work for enjoyment?

"I can assure you that this time it is all about work and you will be working from Japan which means it is not a vacation for you." He said explaining my doubts.

"It will be unfair for other employees." I said.

"They all get that same opportunities you are getting now except they go in groups while you have an opportunity to go with your sister and my brother." He said.

"Oh.. you are not coming along then?" I questioned and I wanted to take that back because he smirked at me and said.

"Now do you? I wish I could, but I will be in Chicago for some business that time."

I thought about this and I was still not sure.

"I was going to ask you, but I changed my mind so it is an order from your boss." He grinned.

"Is that why you two are here at this hour?" I asked.

"One of the reason." He said smiling.

"What is the other one?" I asked.

"We are going out for dinner." He quickly said and looked at Grayson who was busy with his phone, texting.

"I don't think that is a good idea." I said shaking my head, no.

"Why?" He frowned.

"You used to rarely come to this office and now you show up so often and people are talking about it and if we are seen together like this they will talk more." I said explaining.

"Is someone bothering you in the office?" He narrowed his eyes and his voice sounded pissed.

"I mean to say like they will." I quickly added.

"They are definitely talking about it." Grayson said as he put his phone in his pocket and looked at us.

"Who?" Oliver asked at the same time I said, "What?"

"Relax, I was just joking." Grayson said, but it didn't seem like because he made eye contact with Oliver and Oliver nodded his head like they had some conversation telepathically.

"Let's order pizza. Are we going over to your place?" Grayson looked at me.

"What?" I asked clearly surprise by his question.

"I will take that as a yes." And he turned around to walk to the car as I looked at Oliver and back at him.

"Let's get going." Oliver said as he too started walking towards the car and I was left dumbfounded by these two brothers who seem to do whatever the heck they want. Oliver drove the car and I somehow ended up in the passenger seat because Grayson did not want to sit in the front. I glared at the two brothers who is oblivious about that, as they discuss about where to order the pizzas from. The whole way to my house. It was just them discussing something I have no idea about and occasionally pull me in for my opinion which I thought didn't really matter.

Grayson walked in to my house as if he owns it and I was pretty surprise he knows where most of the stuffs are and I raised my eye brows to question him.

"I have been here before. Mia and I did homework here couples of times when you were not here." He admitted and Oliver rolled his eyes.

Author's Note: Thank you for reading this book, please give it a Vote and a share if you are enjoying this book.Happy readings!