Haircut

From far you can hear a beeping sound. It becomes louder and louder until you open your eyes frowning. It was your alarm, it's 6 a.m.

You must get up and take a quick shower, or else you'll be late.

You work in a beauty salon since school ended. You're the main hairstylist there, but this doesn't surprise you. You always have been good on cutting and styling your family's hair.

Mia is still your friend, but she's living aboard now, she's studying economics stuff on the US. You're proud of her, she video-calls you often and sends a lot of gifts for you. You miss enjoying time with her.

You've been living alone since you moved to Seoul, somehow you tried to erase your past moving here. It's a big city, people don't take care of your life as they take in a small city. Also, you probably would never make the money you make if it was a small city. 

After a quick shower, you take your breakfast and head to the metro station close to the building you live. The city is already awake, cars and people crossing from here to there. Life here isn't boring at all.

***

You reach your work, the owner of the place is opening and you help her.

"Careful, Ms. Anne!" You grab her heavy bag that was about to fall on the ground.

"Oh.. morning! Stop calling me like this....I told you just Anne is good" she smiles at you, helping you with her bag.

Anne is a 60 years old lady, she's so nice and treats you like her granddaughter. She's pretty known around here, her Beauty Salon is one of the biggest in the city and you're pretty thankful to be working here since then. The other workers arrive one after the other and the day is ready to start.

There are a few rules everyone has to follow to work here. Your hair has to be really good looking, soft makeup, be educated and nice. Be on time and attend the clients as they were kings and queens. 

The day was pretty full, a lot of new clients also! Since the salon is attending new idols and actors, it got even more popular. There were even posts on social media about the Salon and how good it is to come here, your name was the most popular between your coworkers.

Unfortunately, there were some mean comments, saying that you should be thinner to sell beauty, that at least you know how to do your job, since you're so fat, that's the least you should.

"I guess, there's no place in this world that would fully accept me as I am." You thought.

***

"Y/N, dear, would you come here, please?" Anne called you to her office.

You enter the office, that had the door opened.

"Yes, ma'am," You say playfully.

She smiles at you.

"Listen, my girl. I have a really important client for you, but he'll come after we close the Salon. I really need you to stay and attend him." She seems concerned.

"Oh... It's okay! It's not like I have anything else to do at home..." You chuckle.

"You are a beautiful girl, I bet your boyfriend won't like you to stay late, but I need you.." She giggles.

"I have no one, Ms. Anne..." You try your best to not show her it actually makes you sad.

"Oh, but you'll find one. Special one!" She grabs your hand gently, caressing the back of it.

"Oh stop it.." You laugh.

"I'm a wise oldie. I know what I'm talking, honey!" She gently pats my upper arm laughing and go back to her table searching for something.

"Here, take the keys, but don't tell anyone I gave you this..." She gives you the keys of the salon.

"Oh...wow. For sure, I won't tell! But Ms. Anne.." You look at the keys on the palm of your hand.

"Yes?" She sits on her chair.

"What time he comes?" You smile at her.

"10 p.m" She smiles back.

***

Everybody has left already, its almost 10 p.m. You were sitting while texting Mia to ease the loneliness of being alone on that huge Salon. The door cracks and you get up bowing to him, the client finally arrived.

"Welcome, Sr." You smile closing your eyes.

"Thank you."

 Your heart races and your mouth gets dry, you know this voice.

"Oh my god..." You thought nervously.