Day 17: Realization

December 17th

Midoriya was considerably better today. The Healing Lady performed her quirk on him once again this morning, and his scars had receded. They weren't gone completely, but he could sit up and lay back down without feeling much pain. Still, he was confined to the hospital bed, but Todoroki was there to entertain and stay with him.

Midoriya had taken a total of three hot showers yesterday to thaw his body. Todoroki vowed never to leave Midoriya again. While he was there at the attack, he promised himself to never let Midoriya do anything too reckless.

Todoroki was very reckless himself, but he drew a line somewhere. Midoriya was half-dead at the time, but then went ahead and tried to fight a skilled villain. It was very brave, but basically signing yourself up for suicide.

They spent the morning playing a game that Todoroki made up. There wasn't a winner, but it was an exercise to try and get Midoriya's heartbeat back to its regular rate. Basically, they'd go back and forth trying to fluster each other. Todoroki thought it was adorable every time the electrocardiogram monitor next to them would start to beep more rapidly, meaning that he was successful in flustering Midoriya. As he'd come to find out, the things that made Midoriya the most nervous were the smaller things, like if he'd kiss his knuckles, or even simply tell him that he loved him, and why.

Luckily, Midoriya's body temperature had now regulated, but Todoroki was too protective at the moment. He was constantly using his left side to warm Midoriya up.

Izuku would've insisted he was okay, but the warmth honestly felt really nice against his wounds. Having Todoroki around in general was a good thing, too. He had nothing to complain about.

Principal Nezu's quick thinking allowed the students to remain unharmed during that skirmish with Toga. The only other one who had gotten hurt was Uraraka, when her cheek had been cut. Kirishima had a quantity of cuts, but those were related to the forest incident.

When Principal Nezu sent Mount Lady away, it might've looked like he got rid of the only support they had. In fact, keeping her there was possibly the worst thing they could have done, according to his calculations. Mount Lady would attract lots of attention towards the battle, and her quirk wasn't going to last for very long. She could've died, since her battle style relies so much on her gigantism.

Principal Nezu concluded that the Healing Lady was an imposter at the time as well, just because Toga had missed one subtle characteristic in her impersonation of the Healing Lady.

Toga might be good at acting, but her knowledge on the Healing Lady's quirk was minimal. Principal Nezu knew the Healing Lady like the back of his paw, and in order to heal Midoriya at that time, he figured that she'd go to her other healing resources. If she had used her quirk, she definitely would've killed Midoriya on the spot. He had seen Toga kiss Midoriya in attempts to 'heal' him, and it all just didn't add up.

They were all relieved to hear that Toga hadn't been on the school grounds either. She had only reached as far as the gate until she was caught. This was good news, because now they had police reports of her appearance, name, and quirk. It was one step closer to tracking the League of Villains.

The only thing that Nezu was irked by was the fact that Toga had stolen Midoriya's blood-soaked jacket. He was worried they were going to use his DNA for something even worse.

Nezu had saved them all in one swift move. He determined what moves Toga was swinging for, and dodged them all, guarding the group as well. Just before Midoriya had fallen unconscious, he had landed a strong blow to Toga's cheek. The girl was still smiling and giggling, her smile now hole-punched. The punch had knocked several of her teeth out. This gaze Nezu somewhat of an advantage. He was also smart enough to have the pro heroes on the staff at his aid, just in case something like this were to happen. They revealed themselves from hiding, and launched at Toga.