-Chapter 36

Mia point of view

Right before we sat down for dinner Bruce and Thor walk back in or rather stumble in.

"Is he ok"? Tony asks eyeing the way Thor is tripping over his own feet.

"He's alright, they had to reset his collarbone. So the doctors gave him some pretty good pain killers" Bruce explains sitting Thor down in his spot at the table.

"So he's high"? Clint asks a sly grin on his face.

"Don't get any ideas. He doesn't know his own strength right now, I don't want anyone else breaking something" Bruce says sternly.

We all nod in agreement, we definitely do not need any more injured Avengers especially with Phantom and Hammer out there.

"No one is going to mention Mia's new power? I mean teleporting someone else besides herself"? Tony asks pausing his fork halfway to his mouth.

"That's right. You sent Ash here but you didn't teleport with her" Nat says curiously also abandoning the last few bites of the stir fry.

"I'm not sure where it came from. All I knew was that I didn't want Shield making a scene with Ash there. So I imagined her in the tower without me then opened my eyes and she was gone" I explain feeling a little awestruck about the whole thing actually.

"Your powers are getting stronger" Bruce asks after making himself a plate of food.

I shrug.

"Yes I guess they are. I mean I would have to practice before I'd feel confident enough using it in the field" I say sipping my soda.

"It would certainly come in handy that's for sure" Clint says nodding his head.

I nod returning to my dinner, wondering if it was the fear and stress of the situation that brought out this new power? As well as if I could even do it again if I wanted too.

"I thought it was super cool" Ash pipes up.

We all laugh at that, she's right it was pretty cool.

"I'm super cool" I grin tossing a burst of light into the air.

"Let's not get crazy" Tony says a smirk on his face.

"Watch it" I say puffing the same ball of light in his face.

I try to hold back a laugh as he coughs while trying to wave the smoke out of his face.

"That wasn't funny" He grumbles crossing his arms.

"I beg to differ Stark. That was very funny" Clint says chuckling still.

"It was a little funny Tony" Nat says patting Tony's shoulder as she walks by.

Tony sends a pleading look to Steve who can only shrug he's also holding back a laugh.

"Sorry Tony it was kind of funny" Steve says gently offering a single shoulder shrug.

Tony waves a hand dismissively in Steve's direction.

"Come on Tony don't be like that" I say getting up to do the dishes.

He mutters something under his breath before heading to the elevator presumably to go to the lab.

I turn back to the drugged up Asgardian still sitting half slumped over at the table.

"Come on Thor let's get you on the couch" I say using my power to help him to his feet.

He blinks slowly.

"Is dinner over"? He asks looking at the now empty table.

"Yes but I saved some for you. You can warm it up tomorrow for lunch" I tell him while easing him down onto the couch.