Chapter Thirty-Three

Y/n's pov

We froze as a voice came through a small walkie-talkie. “Olson have you located the targets?” It spoke in a distorted tone. “Olson, do you copy?” The voice said after a few seconds. Kate shrugged and unclipped the small device, bringing it to her lips. “Yeah, we have them cornered in a small clearing, about half a mile in the woods.” She said mimicking the cops voice. “On my way, be there in a minute. Be careful.” The voice said back, before cutting off. Kate looked over her shoulder and pulled her mask down. “Two minutes.” We all nodded and hid behind a fairly large tree, waiting for footsteps.

After a minute the sound of heavy panting and heavy footsteps got closer. We kept our backs to the tree waiting for the right time. An audible gasp was heard from the man making us nod at each other knowing he saw the others. We walked out, Toby in front and us flanking him. Toby walked forward with his hatchets in hand. We stood back letting him take him knowing he gets pretty aggressive when people interfere with his kills.

He stood over the man and held up his weapon about to bring them down on the thin middle-aged man beneath him. “Please don't, I'll do anything!” He pleaded in a whisper. Toby froze and looked down at the man. “Y-your voice,” he spoke. “Mr. Johnson?” He spoke in a soft tone. The man shakily pulled off his helmet. He had black hair graying in some spots and hazel eyes. “Um.. Yes, that's my name?” He said in a tense tone. Toby stopped and stepped off him, pulling off his goggles and mouth guard.

Masky stepped forward to stop him but I placed my hand on his chest, stopping him. “Wait,” I said keeping my eyes on Toby. “Toby, who's that?” The cop's eyes widened. “Toby..? He said in disbelief and horror. Toby ignored him and turned to look at me with scared eyes. “I-I don't know.”

“Toby?” He repeated softly, standing up. “You know me, c'mon.” Toby started to twitch, dropping his hatches. “Y-y-you don't u-under-derstand.” He forced out through his ticks. The man, Mr. Johnson, seemed sad by his answer. “I'm the cop who saved you from the car crash with you and your sister.” Toby snapped his head up to look at him. “N-no.” He said in horror scratching at his neck viciously. “Connie's worried sick about you,” he continued in a soft tone “come back with me, let me help you.” He spoke offering his hand to him. “M-mom,” Toby choked out. “n-n-no she's de-dead. She died i-in the f-fire” He mumbled looking down and clenching his fists, digging his nails into his palm. “She's not.” He said stepping forward towards Toby.

Toby's pov

I shook as memories flooded into my mind, memories of a man pulling me out a burning car all the while me struggling to get to someone in the front seat. Memories of my burning house. God why can't I remember... My past is blurry, it just blends together like some fucked up painting. I reached out for the man trying to find out more, anything else that could help me remember. A firm grip on my arm wrenched me back before I could get the chance.

Y/n's pov

Masky pushed past me hand gripped Toby pulling him back. “Get him Kate.” He demanded nodding towards the man. Kate stepped forward making Toby snap his head up panicked. “N-no, stop!” Masky looked at him bewildered than looked at Kate calling her off. “Get out of here NOW!” he roared at the man making him stumble backward. The man spun around and sprinted away from us confused and with a broken Toby.