Chapter 4 - The Tyrant Emperor is pissed

The door at the side of the throne room opens with a bang. Almost immediately the chatters inside the room halted. The temperature had decreased drastically and with the chilly cold of spring, the ministers had to wrap their arms around themselves in hope of providing the little warmth that they obviously needed.

A group of men, in particular, suffered the worst. The colour on their face fell when they heard the door was open. Although they were people of another country but who hadn't heard about the things that the young emperor had done in the few years of his reign. He had ruled with an iron fist and was merciless towards anyone who stood in his way.

The said man walked inside the room and sat on his throne being the centre of intention of the people. The few people who had dared to look up towards him will have seen the dark look on his face and his so obvious furrowed eyebrows. A striking look to a certain baby if one would notice. His knight and trusted aid were silently shaking their heads for the people who will receive the end of their emperor's wrath.

The group of men from the country of Rager fell down on their knees right in front of the emperor at the bottom of the stairs. "Greetings to the emperor of the great land of Ethyrion. We, from the country of Rager, have come in behalf of our king, King Agor. He had wished for good health and prosperity to all of the royal family and the people of Ethyrion. We had come to present to you some gifts to express our great joy of the birth of the first prince. We have come with one thousand gold bars, ten of the most expensive cotton bolts in our country and one pot flower of the Purple Fox Herb."

Three golden chests enter the room and one by one the chest was open to reveal the treasures. When the last chest was opened, a small pot of flower with purple petals bloomed proudly inside the chest. Who hasn't heard about the wonders of the flower?

Being only the fourth rarest herb in the continent, the flower has a faint smell that could please anyone who inhales it and was able to cure a few sicknesses. Some even say that anyone who drinks the medicine that was made from the flower could become wise in a matter of seconds. If the flower was given to a newborn who knows what the child will be capable of doing in the near future. He will perhaps even surpass his father in intellectual.

The leader of the group from Rager smirks when he heard the awes and ohs from the ministers. His head was still towards the floor. No one had noticed the dark glint in his eyes. The purple fox herb may have numerous great rumours about it but only a handful of people from the country itself knew the hidden secret that the flower carries.

The flower had only one downside; it is very harmful to a newborn baby. Even though there were rumours about how wise a man could be if they were to drink it, in the end, it was only a baseless rumour. Their country had lost a number of newborns to ensure that the outcomes will be satisfying to their kingdom.

With the death of the first born, there will be a slight window of chance for the princess of Rager that was held captive in the emperor's harem to bear a child. It was a very strategic move of the emperor to give the title of empress to the woman of the highest position of his own country. His action was easily translated as him being loyal to his own people and won't be taking favours from the princesses of a foreign land.

While a certain group of idiotic ministers was celebrating for the fortunes of the prince only the other small number were wrinkling their foreheads. The aura around them could be described as menacing. They only remain silent while observing their emperor. They tried to read the emotions on him but they all will come to the same conclusion that their emperor was an unreadable person.

The man with his legs folded and his arm was placed rested on his throne's arm proudly express of how powerful he is. His face showed no emotions as he carefully evaluates his surroundings. Only his closest aides had noticed the clenched jaw and his tightened fists for they are the only ones stood close to him. They silently sigh to themselves, it seems another country will be burned to the ground by the tyrant emperor.

After seconds passed with silence from the emperor, the group of Rager men began to sweat, 'Did he notice?'.

"Stand up", his cold and deep voice commands. When the leader of the group look up towards the emperor oddly he felt pressured and scared but slowly the corner of the emperor's lips rise, "I thanked the Rager King for his gifts in behalf of the first prince. The gold bars and bolts will be immediately sent to the first prince as so the flower. I will send a thank you gifts for the king and visit the princess of Rager tonight as gratitude."

The smile on the Rager people slowly become bigger the more they hear his words. They all kowtowed three times and salute to him before they left escorted by the guards. When the door was shut behind them, the smile on the emperor's face immediately disappeared in a blink of an eye. It was as if he had removed an illusion from his face.

If the cold air when he first walks in was bad, it had become ten times colder and somehow an invisible pressure easily made the ministers fell on their knees. The ministers that were happy before had no idea what had offended their emperor they silently cussed themselves for quickly being happy. It was the calm before the storm. They were all old and with the chilly cold coming from him their body couldn't handle it and their hands slowly froze and become stone fixed.

"I want the flower to be planted far away from the first prince's eyesight and reach. Burn the bolts. Inspect the gold bars closely before melting it and carve the cravings on all of the soldiers' shields. General Edgar, prepare the soldiers for war and I want you lead it. I want the country of Rager wiped off from all maps and existence itself. I'll give you only a month time. Understood?"

General Edgar: Your Imperial Majesty, it will take a month just to reach the kingdom. Now, you give me a month to kill them? This is abuse. Abuse, I say!

┻━┻ ︵ \( °□° )/ ︵ ┻━┻

Reluctantly, General Edgar and his men salute him in understanding. The emperor nodded to them before standing up and leave using the side door. His knight, Miles, his trusted advisor, Cain and some of his personal manservant followed right behind him.

"Alright. Alright. Will there be blood?" If Cain knows his good friend well there will obviously be blood but he had asked anyway. He does know that he is afraid of blood, right?

Miles looked at his companion with his 'are you an idiot? Of course, there will be blood' look. All the while the person who was leading the entourage remained silent. A dark shadow suddenly appears right beside him surprising no one in the group, "Your Imperial Majesty, the princess of Rager is slowly approaching Her Highness and the young prince by the lake."

There was a hint of bloodlust when his shadow knight reports the news. "Break her legs before she reaches close to them. If anything happens to the prince don't bother to appear in front of me again".

The shadow knights were the emperor's most elite knights that work behind the scenes and out of sight. Their abilities were among the best of the best in the kingdom and although they could kill thousands of enemies with ease they still shiver under the murderous aura that their master was emanating.