Chapter 7

Sorry for the late update!

It was not the silence of anxiety or the stillness of unknown that gripper the clearing this time. It was the silence of fear.

Fear, an unreasonable emotion everyone gave into at least once in their life. Fear of death, fear of loss, fear of defeat, fear of unknown. Fear kept us going somehow, even when our logic recognised no hope. Strived to keep us alive. Fear existed only for one purpose; to show who survived and lived despite its efforts to weigh us down. It ruled all of us with a vengeance that even power could not. But it was the same fear that sucked the life out and fed the demons that resided within us. That destroyed us by drowning in a sea of despair unless we knew how to swim.

Had Aurelia been next to me alive, she would have gone about how the brain responds to it and the chemical nature behind fear. When she had been alive, I had rolled my eyes at her. Now, I would give anything to hear her say in the language of science.

Cathara took a step forward, her body completely relaxed. For someone who was locked in a dungeon for two thousand years, the omicron was pretty calm.

"This is the West Pack?" she asked, glancing at Skye. Then she set her gaze on the stunned Alpha pair. "I expected better."

Ethan growled and Harper held his hand as if to calm him down. How could she rationalise his mind when hers itself was addled by anger?

"And," Beta Cain drawled. "Who are you?"

Cathara ignored him. "Miguel, you once told me you visited West Pack. Does this ring a bell to you?"

Grinning at the beta was seething, Miguel pouted. "Nope."

Skye leered at Harper and Ethan. "Things change with time, Cathara. Ups and downs. Perhaps, we came when the pack is tumbling to its deepest downfall. Our ill-luck."

Harper snarled at the little girl. "Watch your mouth!"

Grinning, the star slowly but steadily released her confined aura. As her dominance began to peak Cathara's, true fear was etched on Harper's face.

"What are you?" Ethan breathed.

Her perfect teeth were on display. "Your nightmare."

His eyes widened and I could see the struggle he had with him wolf. His survival instinct begged him to submit while his blood pushed him to be dominant.

"Bitch!" Beta Cain spat, as he clenched his fists. "What -"

Before he could finish, Skye began to morph. Her features melted to that of a female of twenty-year-old. Her six-year-old form was shredded like an invisible gown. She had hair as black as raven and eyes as deep as an endless abyss. Maturity was a layer her face had and her toned body announced how well versed she was with fighting. Even a fool could say what a formidable enemy she would be to an Alpha.

"You were saying something?" she asked the Beta. When Cain did not answer her, she turned to me. "Call me Alioth."

My eyes widened. She was accepting who she was? From the three days I spent with her, she hated bringing her past up. And she had said that unless the time was right, she would never claim who she was.

From my peripheral view, I saw Rhaze looking at the three newcomers with a strange glint in her eyes. While Mike was gaping at them, Reece just rose an eyebrow. The former Alpha female glanced at them and then focused her vision on her mate. For a genetic engineer, Livvia did not harbour a single expression. Morphing was something she loved to study. She had more than twenty papers about that. My friends who were behind the three were equally worse as Mike.