Chapter Thirty-Five | First World

[ 35 ]

"Then you should have no issues standing trial." Wang Junjie's voice was chilling, the exact tone he took when asserting his position when talking to the Xe Warriors in Xinshan. A time that, to ShuNing, felt like a decade ago.

He had managed to detangle himself from the lecherous grasp of ZhangFeng, and currently stood at the side of the bed, as composed as ever. Wang Junjie's usual posse were with him too, but they weren't carrying the same dark mood as their brother.

They were astonished, seeing how good of a condition the raven-haired man was in. Especially the one Wang member who had done most of the hard-graft, diagnosing the man. If not for Jun standing in front of him, blocking the path with clear distaste, he would have sidestepped him and gone straight over to see how the man was doing.

"No," Zhang Feng countered, "I have no issues with that."

"Well, I do!" ShuNing shouted. Although he was glaring at Jun, he was just as displeased with ZhangFeng, who was being compliant. His petulant tone meant that the entirety of the room's attention was solely on him. But ShuNing didn't mind, "You have only just regained consciousness. You haven't eaten anything, or even bathed."

"Perhaps some of that free time could have been used for those purposes." Junjie snubbed, acting like a particularly moody child at the moment.

"Ning, I would rather just get it over with." ZhangFeng admitted, which the younger man refused to accept. What annoyed him to no end, was the fact that the man spoke as if he had given up. Just as he had before the Wang Sect had invaded. ZhangFeng sounded as if he had worked so hard on the plan up until now, and since it had all worked successfully, he wasn't sure where to go from there.

But luckily for him, ShuNing would be emotional for him. And he had all the talents to be the most irritatingly-stubborn person. Before he could speak, he had to take a few deep breaths, using this method to calm himself down many times since inhabiting this body.

"Then I ask that Wang Junjie gives him, at least, until this evening." ShuNing knew he was taking a low-blow by referring to the man in green by his full name, but as much as he tried to bite it back, he was angry.

"Very well." Jun sighed.

"And I ask, that this goes ahead as a meeting between Zhang Feng, Wang Chao and his close officials, and myself."

Wang Junjie was quick to refute, shaking his head. "That won't be possible."

"Then I confess I'm disappointed. After everything I put on the line, in order to help the Wang Sect, they can't even grant me something so simple?"

"We appreciate everything and anything you have done for us, Shu Ning, but this is not your trial, but XeWife's brothers."

"Beggars can't be choosers!" ShuNing snapped, "If you're blind enough not to see that he's my lover then I don't know what to say. If you put him on trial, then how can I not be as well?"

"You are not going to be on tri-"

"Jun brother, please calm down." The most outspoken of the posse members spoke up, seeing how irate his friend was getting, and how resolutely stubborn the youth was. This would not end well if he let them continue.

"If he wishes to stand trial alongside Fu Zhang Feng, then allow him."

Jun wasn't happy with his friends words, and frowned deeply. "What? you know that isn't a good idea. How can you guarantee my father won't have him.."