26. Twins

Time skip of 81/2 months
Ai Jei POV
Ever since I found out that I was pregnant Xi has been constantly trying to control my life like an irritating fly. I mean he could leave me alone and I would probably be fine. My cravings have also gotten increasingly weirder but fortunately I haven't been very nauseous at all.

I am currently wondering around the garden near the lily pond and through the bamboo forest I had requested to be planted during my 3rd month of pregnancy so I would have a place to relax. I sit down on a wooden bench which is conveniently placed as my back is currently begging to ache. Slowly I lye down to sleep, listening to the calming birdsong and crickets chirping.

"Mistress! mistress!"

Huang POV
I've been following mistress all day as per the orders of Master Xi but I don't get why I am. Mistress is not stupid so she won't do anything threatening for anyone's lives and she is strong so she can defend herself. I guess Ci is being slightly overprotective as she is carrying his heir. Speaking of which is due in 2 weeks and none of us can wait. We do have our doubts, however on how good of a parent the young couple will be.

I look back down at my mistress and she's fallen asleep I'll just read a book while she snoozes.

2 hours have passed and I look down at her to make sure she is still there but the sight below me makes me panic.

"Mistress! Mistress!" I yell jumping out of my perch in the bamboo and rushing to her side. Swiftly I carry her to the doctors and master Xi.

Xi POV
I rushed over to the surgery as soon as I heard Ai Jei was here. Apparently the babies were coming early as when Huang looked at her she had begun to bleed heavily.

The sound of a door creaking alerted me to the new person that had joined me, namely the doctor.
"Sir I am happy to inform you that your children have been delivered safely."

"I am so happy doctor....wait children?"

"Yes sure you are now the parent of a princess and a prince ,however due to complications during the pregnancy and being premature, the prince is too small for his size and we don't think he'll survive for long as well as that he isn't completely unharmed, I'm sorry to say that your son is blind."