Chapter 40

AJ's reached the hospital and ran inside hurriedly with their faces full of tension and worry. By the time they reached the ward they looked around to see Piyu sleeping on Sam's shoulder.

Anand and Aditya ran towards the door and looked for doctors while Piyu's Mom just stood there staring at Piyu who is sleeping on Sam's shoulder peacefully and Sam who is gently stroking her hair with his hand.

They both looked adorable together like that and Piyu's Mom smiled liking what she saw. She also went to the door and tried to know what's happening inside.

Sam looked at his right and saw Piyu's family. The sudden movement caused Piyu to open her eyes and look at her family. Piyu ran to her mom and hugged her tightly.

" It's Ok beta....." Her mom consoled her rubbing her back.

" I was so scared." She said in fear.

" Nothing will happen to them, they will be fine." Her mom said and she nodded.

" Now tell me what happened?" Her mom asked.

" We chatted for long time, ate dinner and slept together. Suddenly Bhabi started screaming in pain. I have tried for ambulance but I didn't get connected and I also tried to call you people but you were not lifting your phones. That's why I called Sam and you know mumma he came and carried Bhabi in his arms to the car. He drove in full speed and brought us  to the hospital. I don't know what would have happened if Sam wasn't there in time." Piyu ranted whole story.

Her mother turned to look at Sam who is now talking to Aditya and Anand about what happened. She then looked at her daughter whose eyes have some glint when talking about him.

She then went to a corner and prayed to God for the well being of her daughter in law and the baby. Doctors came out after a while who became the target of endless questions.

"How is my wife and my baby?"

" Is everything alright?"

" What happened? How are they?"

" How is my bhabi? Are there any complications?"

Four of them fired their questions at the doctor and when he was about to answer them, another panicked rant came enquiring about the situation.

" How are they both? Are they fine? Oh! God..... I know I should have driven faster and brought them a little earlier but the bloody traffic.....how are they doctor? Say something Damm it."

AJ's and doctor looked at Sam stunned and amused at the same time. He was more panicked than all of them but the truth was he gets easily panicked in the hospital environment and that too its the matter of two lives so it scared him so much.

" There is no need to worry, she is fine and Congratulations she delivered a baby boy who is hale and healthy." Doctor said smiling at them who relieved a loud sigh.

" Thank you so much doctor." They all said happily.

" You can see them in a few minutes." Doctor said and walked away.

Everyone hugged each other happily. Piyu looked at Sam who stood relieved and happy. She went to him and hugged him tightly like her life depended on it.

" Thank you so much Sam." She mumbled against his chest still hugging him.

Sam smiled and hugged her back tightly feeling happy. They stayed like that for sometime enjoying each other's warmth totally forgetting that they are in the hospital and there are people watching them especially Piyu's family.

A loud clearing of throat snapped them out of their romantic moment. They pulled away abruptly and looked around to find Piyu's family staring at them raising their brows.