Chapter one- Welcome to my world

"Rora! Get out of bed, Rocky will be here soon!" My brother yells up the stairs.

"Alright, alright! I'm up," I grumble. Rocky is my best friend, and we are basically inseparable. I roll out of my bed and land with a thud on the ground.

I don't really mind if Rocky arrives while I'm in the shower. Ryder can keep him entertained. Ryder and I live together in our family home. Where my parents barely are, they travel the world to promote their theory on health. I quickly shower and change into a plain black t-shirt and a pair of denim shorts. I paint my face a little with a smidge of makeup and make my way downstairs.

"I made you breakfast," my brother holds up a plate of avocado toast as I walk into the kitchen.

"Mm, thanks," I hum, before taking a bite, "what are your plans for the rest of the day?"

"The boys are coming over later to hang out. Not sure what I'll do before then. I think Carter will be over soonish," Ryder pours me a glass of juice and slides it across the breakfast bar for me.

"Ooh Carter," I giggle. I have a crush on him, which is something I'm very open about with my brother.

Carter and Ryder have been best friends since middle school. They went through the process of becoming bad boys together. Now they are trying to change for the better. My crush on Carter started developing last year when I stayed with him for two weeks. While Ryder was in Hawaii with his girlfriend, Ava.

"Oh Rora," Ryder smirks, "you're not subtle at all."

"I know. But who cares, life is too short," I shove my empty plate towards him.

"You can do your own dishes," he shoves it back.

"Whatever," I shrug and make my way towards the dishwasher, "it's not like he ever takes the hint," I state.

"What hint?" Rocky's voice nearly makes me drop my glass on the floor.

"The hint that she is in love with Carter," Ryder grins.

"Ah in love is a bit of an over-statement," I shake my head and close the dishwasher.

"Hmm, I don't know," Rocky chuckles, wrapping his arms around me in a tight, squeezing hug.

"I won't have any breath left in me for him to take away at this rate," I squeak.

"That was kinda smooth," Ryder laughs, "let's watch some crappy reality TV until lover boy arrives."

"Finally, thank you," I huff when Rocky let's go of me and follows Ryder into the living room.

"Can I pick?" Rocky lifts up the remote.

"No, I want to pick," I declare.

"I got the remote first," Rocky holds the remote in the air. I can't reach it.

"Rooockyyyy," I grizzle. Ryder just sits on the couch laughing. What a poop.

"Roraaaaa," Rocky mocks me.

"Shuddup," I jump on his back and attempt to snatch the remote from his hand. We can smell Carter before we see him. The scent of cigarettes, coconut soap and some cologne fills the room as soon as he opens the front door. And here I am, latched onto Rocky's back, "Rocky give me the remote," I whisper as the sound of Carter removing his jacket and shoes comes from the entryway.

"Nope," he laughs.

"Woah this looks like an interesting activity," Carter smirks and sits next to Ryder.

"Believe it or not, this is a regular occurrence," Ryder slaps his best friend's knee.

"Who wins?" Carter asks as I slide off of Rocky's back.