18. the city

The group were travelling to Manchester for the Neighbourhood's concert. Everyone was travelling on the train so they could get drunk but Matty had agreed to drive Kat since she had to work later than they planned on leaving. He had ended up texting her since Tammy refused to be the messenger.

Kat watched the clock tick on her last two minutes at work. She leant against the till and stared at it, praying for time to speed up since she couldn't wait to see one of her favourite artists. As soon as it ticked to seven, she clocked out, grabbed her bag to get changed and walked outside.

Outside, leant against his car was Matty Healy. Kat jogged up to him and wrapped her arms around his neck as he flicked his cigarette onto the floor.

"Oof, looking good in your uniform Kitty" he chuckled, she moved away from him and spun around.

"I know you love a girl in uniform." She winked playfully, he held his hands to his heart and rolled his eyes back and moaned loudly. She laughed and pushed his face to the side. "Get in, we're gonna be late." He got in the car and she got in the back so she could get changed.

Matty started driving, quite fast, so they could get there easily. Kat took off her work top and put on her sparkly loose silver one. Matty caught a glimpse of it in the rear view mirror and smirked.

"I like that top" he commented, she stopped dressing and glared at him.

"Eyes on the road, Healy." She giggled, he shrugged and stayed silent for a moment.

"Nothing I haven't seen before." He muttered but she heard and thumped him round the head. He cried out in pain and swatted her away.

She took off her jeans and pulled on her black denim skirt before tying up her belt. Matty saw a bag fly into the front before Kat's tiny body flung itself onto the chair.

"That was harder than it looked." She sighed, he bit his tongue from saying something dirty. He knew he had to restrain himself now that he was with Alice. It was just so easy around her, there were no barriers and every boundary had already been crossed.

"I asked her, to be my girlfriend." He confessed, Kat didn't know how to react so she stayed silent which probably wasn't the best thing to do.

"And...what did she say?" She asked eventually, he shrugged.

"She said yes." Kat suddenly became slightly salty even though she knew this was coming.

"At least you'll have steady sex now that you're committed." She knew he would see it as a joke, so when he hit her leg playfully she just laughed.

They eventually reached the city and found a back car park that was free for the night. Matty texted the others and they made their way over to the venue. He had his arm wrapped around her as they laughed on the way until he saw the back of Alice's head.

"Hey baby." He grinned, wrapping his arm around her waist and kissing her firmly. Kat tried to hold back her eye roll at his ass hole move before making her way to the others.

"Hey Kat, you look great." George smiled as he saw her, she wrapped her arms around him to say hi before waving at everyone else.

"Thanks, I'm so excited!" She did a little dance and followed them inside. Kat looked around and saw there were two girls and a new guy in the group.

"They're Alice's friends. They're cool." George answered as if he knew exactly what she was thinking.

Adam and Ross got them all drinks, coming back with a bunch before the band even came on. Matty had pushed Alice against the bar, hands on her hips as they giggled together. Kat watched them for a moment, they were good together and Matty seemed pretty grounded.