nineteen

Violet

Ravon stared at me in shock, his jaw slack with surprise as he handed me two aspirin. I popped the pills into my mouth and knocked them back with a gulp of water; yes, my brain hurt and yes, I was struggling. It had been a full day since Niklaus and I ended things between us and when I woke up with a raging headache and swollen eyes from the ocean of tears I had shed, Ravon rushed to my rescue. He pulled me into a tight embrace and rubbed my back gently, the urge to cry becoming apparent at the feeling of my throat tightening. 

"Babe, it'll be okay... I never thought he would actually... You two are-" He shook his head, not sure of what to say, "I'm so sorry, Lottie." I hugged him back softly and pulled away, a stray tear falling down my cheek. Ravon's thumb came out to catch the liquid before taking my hands in his and kissing my knuckles. "I know just what you need." 

Ravon pulled me into the bathroom where he quickly put himself to work, setting up small tables with nail polish, facial masks, pore cleanser pads, wax and waxing strips all while drawing me a bath. Instructing me to strip, I absentmindedly pulled my clothes off and slid into the hot water, letting the liquid saturate my skin and work at my toughened muscled. Without realizing my eyes had closed, a soft 'plop' sound erupted from the water and I popped open one eye to see where it had come from. Ravon had thrown a rose petal bath bomb into the water and I hummed in appreciation, closing my eye to join its twin in some much needed relaxation. Ravon let me soak in the water until it was nearly temped before urging me out of the tub. Wrapping a plush bathrobe around me, he sat me on the edge of the tub and began giving me a Christmas-themed pedicure and matching manicure. My fingers and toes had everything from Santa and elves, to pine trees and snowflakes. With Ray's distraction, I felt somewhat better and even mustered up a smile. By the afternoon, we had indulged in a marathon of 80' movies. We were a quarter way through Weird Science when my landline rang. Cocking my eyebrows in surprise, I picked up the phone. 

"Redhead, is that you?" A slightly familiar voice sounded.

"Who is this?" I questioned as Ravon leaned against the phone to listen on with me. 

"It's Bash, but I've only got another minute before they kick me off your line. I'm throwing a Christmas Eve party tonight. I want you there. I'll send Klaus the address, come in something Christmas-y!" The line went dead and Ravon and I exchanged looks. 

"Babe, you've got plans tonight!" Ray suddenly gush, rushing to my closet to pull out all of my red, green, silver, and gold dresses. My fingers twisted at each other in anxiety as Niklaus' face popped into my head. 

"But Nik would be going as well-" Ray suddenly stopped, striding over to me quickly and taking my chin between his index finger. 

"Niklaus Hale is nobody to you anymore. He stupidly ended things with a fine female with a beautiful mind, his loss; thank you, next!" He kissed my forehead, "Now let's make him drool and have some fun."

I shifted uneasily, my heels clicking with the movement of my legs. Ravon's fingers were linked with mine as he pulled me in front of Niklaus' bedroom door. With his free hand, Ravon knocked hard on the door and took a step back to distance himself. The door swung open and I felt my brain swarm with the familiarity of Nik's rugged features and warm cologne. I attempted a look of confidence, lifting my chin at the feeling of his eyes finding me. 

"What's up? Why're you two dressed up?" He questioned, his voice thick with a familiar accent of lust.  

"Have you not checked your phone? Violet's been invited to Sebastian Coleman's Christmas Eve party. We need a ride." Ravon said, crossing his arms over his chest. Nik's eyebrows cocked in surprise and confusion.