31. give yourself a try

wait for paris, it's going to be huge ;)
——————————————————
Kat woke up next to George the next day, feeling shitty. She just wants to snuggle with his big body and go back to sleep.

"You're door is banging." He mumbled, Kat groaned and rolled out of the bed and onto the floor.

"Go back to sleep Georgie." She kissed her hand and then placed it on his cheek, he smiled at her and closed his eyes again.

She rubbed her eyes as she walked down the stairs, towards the front door. If there was more drama behind that door, she did not want to know. Of course, you can't always get what you want and Kat opened the door to Alice.

"Kat." She grinned, Kat stared at her.

"Oh god, Alice. I'm sorry about the scene I made last night" Alice could tell she was exhausted but still had to talk to her.

"No, it's okay. I just want to talk to you because I don't understand everything and I feel like no one is telling me anything. I just want someone to tell me the truth." She burst, Kat shivered and stepped aside

"Come in, it's freezing." She said, ignoring everything she just said. Alice walked in and made her way to the living room. "So, who's keeping stuff from you?"

"Everyone." She repeated, giving Kat nothing. "I've made like a bunch of assumptions and I just need you to confirm or deny them." She explained. Kat held up her hand.

"Tea? Coffee?" She asked, she shook her head and Kat realised that she was desperate. "Okay. Go ahead then." Alice took a deep breath.

"I think you and Matty used to date." She started, Kat raised her eyebrows. "I think this because he's really protective over you, he gets crazy jealous when you're with George and whenever he has a problem he calls you first." She elaborated. Kat stared at her.

"Um, no." She stumbled, not sure what she could say at this point. She hadn't realised that Alice wasn't as oblivious as she had thought.

"What do you mean no?" Her tone became less patient.

"We never dated" she stated, then looked away from her. Alice's eyebrows raised.

"So, what? Why does he act so weird around you?" She wondered as if she had given up.

"Okay. Look, I can't really explain to you mine and Matty's relationship." As soon as she said it, she knew it sounded bad. Alice's eyebrows flew up again.

"What does that mean?" Her high pitched voice squealed.

"Ugh okay, look. I met Matty maybe three months before you did at a party of a mutual friend." She started, Alice squinted her eyes.

"Have you guys...you know?" She started making hand gestures and Kat groaned. She really did not want to have this conversation.

"We had a one night stand the night we met, yes." Alice's eyes turned away from her as she spoke to her. "Look, we had this weird friends with benefits thing but as soon as he met you, he made it very clear that we were just friends. We have a history but that's what it is; history." She explained, trying not to sound like the most cliché side piece.

"I don't understand why he wouldn't tell me this." She pondered. Kat noticed that she was trying desperately to avoid eye contact.

"Because we're close. He's like my best friend, regardless of our past. I think he was just scared that you would see me differently which you now clearly do." She trailed off towards the end, Alice met her eyes.

"Well of course, your his ex...fling or whatever." Her posture became small as if she was trying to shrink away.

"I don't do relationships, Alice. I don't want a relationship with Matty and he knows that. He doesn't want one with me either." She explained, Alice bit her lip.