One

A/N:  Guys go follow me on Instagram for book reviews/ recommendations! @_bookaholik_

It's been 5 years since I ran away from my so called parents and since then I've been doing surprisingly well on my own. Let me Introduce myself, My name is Corina Rodriguez a twenty two year old and I live in New York alone,in a two-bedroom apartment which is fairly large, for me at least, I have a job at Anna's cafe which is just down the street from my place, and my best friend is Carter who is always by my side and I love him so much. I have no idea how I would've survived the past years if it weren't for him. He always has my back and that's why we stick together. We've been inseparable since high school, yes we go wayyyyy back.

Buzzzz.....

My phone rang and Carter's picture appeared on the screen.

''Hello?''

"Hey Hey Hey Hows my favourite girl doing?"

I laughed "Hey Carter, what's going on ?"

"I miss my best friend so how about a night out tonight? Wanna go to the club with Trey?"

"Carter, I have work tomorrow" I sighed.

''Come on connie!! Please. You didn't go out the last time we partied aswell...come on. We won't even stay for long.'' he whined into the phone and I rolled my eyes. I can't say no to him for long. Damn you, Carter.

"Okay, Fine. Stop whining.'' I said.

He squealed "Yes that's my biotech."

I laughed

"Pick me up at 9 yeah?" I said.

"of course. See you then babe." He said.

''Bye Carter'' I said.

Smiling, I cut the call. Tonight was going to be fun and I can't wait to let loose, it's been a while since I've had fun and I intend on enjoying myself tonight.

My phone beeped alerting a text from carter.

C: what are you wearing tonight?

If you haven't already guessed it, then yes Carter is gay. We actually met when some people from school were making fun of him and I stood up for him. We've been inseparable since then. Carter and Trey were neighbours which is how I met Trey who is another good friend of mine.

Trey is fairly good looking, with blond hair and gorgeous blue eyes. People would even call him 'Hot' but I'm not attracted to him the slightest bit. He has girls throwing themselves at him and he's a typical player.

Carter is gorgeous as well with matte black hair that is always jelled upwards and grey eyes which pop everytime he wears green. Girls crush on him badly because he isn't out yet. The only person who knows is me.

I replied to Carter quickly knowing he gets annoyed if I keep him waiting too long.

Corina: I'm not sure maybe the black dress with one sleeve ?

He replied instantly.

Carter: oooo I like that one, wear it.

I check the time and it's 630 meaning I have some time to chill before getting ready. I get some gummy bears which are by the way my favourite snack in the entire world, and some popcorn. I lay on my bed , flipping through random channels before finally settling on a comedy movie. I think about how my life has changed since the past years, it's become so much better. I'm glad I got away from my abusive dad and that whore of a woman he married after my mom died. They were always drunk and enjoyed beating the shit out of me, I was their personal punching bag. My dad would be furious if I left the house and he would always beat me to pulp whenever he caught me sneaking out. If my mom was alive she'd never let anything happen to me, she was my lucky charm, always showering me with so much love. A lone tear escaped my eye a without me knowing. I wiped it away quickly and checked the time.

It was 8 which left me one hour to get ready. I hopped to my bathroom and started getting ready. I curled the ends of my blonde hair and straightened the top so it doesn't look frizzy. Then I started my makeup. I did a black smokey eye with a winged liner and lined my waterline with a white pencil. I put on my dress which was a plain black fitted dress with one sleeve and put on high nude pencil heels.

I stood in front of the mirror admiring myself , I actually looked really good. I went to open the door as I heard the doorbell ring and in came Carter.

"Hey babe, you look smokin'.'' Carter said as he kissed my cheek.

I smiled and said "Thank you, you don't look so bad yourself."

Carter smirked and said. "That's where your wrong, I look absolutely drool-worthy."

I scoffed. "Cocky much?"

He smiled. "You love me for it."

Smiling I just shook my head.

"So..I hope you're ready to party." He said.

"You bet your ass I am and by the way when is Trey getting there?" I asked.

He looked down at his phone and said "He says he's already there waiting."

"Well then we better go." I said fixing my lipstick and going out the door.

I locked the door and we headed down to Carters C350 Mercedes. It was a really beautiful car with a sleek matte black exterior and custom red seats inside.

I was really excited for tonight, I couldn't wait to let loose and have the time of my life. We were going to this club called ' Bad and Boujee' which was huge and always crowded but Carter and I liked it there.

Let's get tonight started I thought as we sped through the traffic.

~~~

Hey! So this is the first chapter of my book, I hope you guys like it! Please let me know your guys' thoughts 💭

It's my first time writing a story and I'd love your feedback~

Also please check out my new book 'Querencia' it would mean the world to me💓

Vote and Comment

Love GoldenG