Some Charismatic Mortal with an Arrogance Complex

CHAPTER SUMMARY

Harry, Ron, and Hermione are sent back to Hogwarts early--the evening of December 21st.

BEGINNING NOTES

Chapter Rating: General Audiences
Content Warning: None
Word Count: 2320

The return of the Golden Trio! Yay!

And all the characters are owned by JK Rowling, or Rick Riordan.

Credits at the end.

_ ___________________HERMIONE____________________

After convincing her parents to let her return to the Wizarding World early, a long and nauseating ride on the Knight Bus, and the usual slapping of sense she was so prone to giving Harry (and Ron) over and over, Hermione wanted nothing more than to eat Mrs. Weasley's dinner, curl up with a book by the fire, read, then nod off. She crossed off some items on that list--dinner and a bit of reading, at least--but the events of that evening put a halt to any further plans.

Professor Snape arrived at Number Twelve Grimmauld Place around nine o'clock, looking no more merry nor colorful despite Christmas being four days away. He said nothing to Hermione as he passed her on his way to the kitchen, where Sirius and Lupin sat in conversation. Hermione watched the three figures with curious eyes, but could hear nothing of their conversation; from the tenseness of their silhouettes, it looked like the usual bickering. Then, something happened which set that interaction apart from all the others. Sirius turned and walked to the steps, and Lupin out to the sitting room.

"Hermione." He addressed her without any of his usual warmth, as though her name was that of a stranger. "Come here, please."

Hermione furrowed her brow in confusion but closed her book all the same. "Is everything--"

"No questions. Just come into the kitchen, now."

Hesitantly, Hermione walked into the room, where Snape still stood. Sirius returned moments later with Harry and Ron, looking equally confused and anxious. They all exchanged glances but said nothing.

Is this about eavesdropping in St. Mungo's? Are we getting in trouble?

No, that made no sense. If they knew about that, they would've addressed it before Hermione arrived. If it wasn't about the break's events, it had to be about something different. It had to be about Nico di Angelo. Voldemort's son.

"You three are to return to Hogwarts," Snape announced in his usual drawl. "Immediately."

"What?!" Harry cried. "Do you know what Umbridge will--"

"Enough, Potter," Snape cut him off. "You are to return to the Headmaster's office within the next hour, with all your belongings. You are not to tell anyone outside the Order about this trip."

"But--"

"Harry," Sirius interrupted him. It sounded physically painful for him to side with Snape. "Do as he says. Dumbledore asked him to send the message."

"...Fine," Harry mumbled as he turned and thundered up the stairs. Hermione and Ron exchanged another bewildered glance, then followed him to pack.

Having arrived only a few hours prior, Hermione had little to repack. The boys, on the other hand, took a quarter of an hour just to gather their clothes into their bags. Around nine forty-five, all three were packed.