Chapter 73

I couldn't sleep

         I couldn't sleep. It seemed as if every time I closed my eyes the images of that night haunt my memory. The only solution was to not sleep.

I laid in bed looking at the ceiling trying to think of just about anything—anything that would get my mind of off sleep.

Sighing I grabbed my phone hoping to distract myself.

That's when I was interrupted by my door slowly opening and in tip-toed Nadia, who was supposed to be sleeping in the guest room next door.

"What are you doing here?" I whispered

"I wanted to snuggle" she whispered back as she walked around to the unoccupied side of the bed and climbed in

"No Nadia you're gonna get me in trouble" I whisper yelled "your Dad actually likes me and I'd like to keep it that way"

"Don't worry I'll be back over there before they wake up" she shrugged

"Nadia No-" I warned

"Shh, go to sleep Hunter" she said nuzzling herself to my side as her eyes closed shut

Letting out a breath, I put my phone back on the night stand and watched Nadia drift off to sleep

She looked so cute and peaceful as she slept.

Maybe if I just shut my eyes, I'll be able to get an hour in.

But that didn't last long—it never lasted long as I was awoken from the memories once again. Every time was a different scenario, but the same out come—blood everywhere.

I waited a couple minutes making sure Nadia was in a deep slumber before climbing out of bed carefully putting my warm pillow in replacement of me. After carefully doing that, I quietly snuck out of the room and heading down the stairs toward the kitchen.

Reaching the door way of the kitchen, I saw the light was on and the refrigerator door open as someone seemingly rummaged through it.

Clearing my throat I got the attention of the rummager— Nadia's father.

"Oh, uh...hi" he said startled

Well this is...awkward.

"I guess we are both doing the same thing" I laughed lightly pointing at the sandwich in his hand

"I get hungry at night, I apologize" he said, guilt written all over his face as he moved away from the fridge

"It's fine actually" I reassured "you're Nadia's family, have at it"