Chapter 49

Liana

I know I was very rude with Oliver. I was just under a lot of stress with the deadline and also with the way people in my department and office is treating me. Another reason is that no matter what Oliver do, things that may infuriates me or make me happy I still fall for him deeper and deeper, if that is possible. He won't feel the same and he is not giving me space to think through of how to get over him because whatever I do, wherever I go, it seem like everything revolves around him and it is making me angry and pissed because I have no idea how to get over him. I won't be even surprise if he rejects me when he find out because I am sure that many girls may have admitted their feelings for him and guy rejected. He is smart, handsome, kind (if he wants to) and caring. It totally slipped my mind about the gifts he sent this morning and I groaned as I looked at my time and decided to finish everything and then just go home and relax. Three more days of work then finally weekend!

Of course, that seemed like too nice to come true that everything will go smoothly as planned because Oliver suddenly showed up to the office, unannounced might I add -making everyone in the room including me worried. Everyone was on their toes running around to fix files and hoping that Oliver will not ask for it or will come to visit.The room was filled with anxiety? Everyone was scared that they might get into trouble and now their anxiety was somehow getting onto me. I just continued to do my work. Some women co-worker spoke about how hot he is and I rolled my eyes. I will never admit that I was a little jealous, but it really doesn't matter.

As I was doing my work, someone walked in and the room felt into a complete silent and I had to turn to look who was here. Of course, it is him and he was staring right at me and I realized everyone was standing except me. I quickly stood up and apologize and looked around. Everyone give me a sympathetic look?

"Mr. Lee." My team leader, Elise said as he greeted him.

"I came here to see how things are going on here." He said in a mono tone and with a serious look. If I haven't spent time with him outside work, I would be scared because he sound scary.

"Everything is fine here." Elise tried to reassure. "We are just working on new comics that need to be published soon. We are just editing here and there. We are actually working on book 2. We finished the first book."

Oliver seemed disinterested to me but he just nod his head. "How is everyone coping up?" He asked looking at everyone and then stopped at me and looked at me curiously and then to Elise.

"We are actually doing great!" Nicole, one of them said batting eyelashes at him and I almost rolled my eyes and gag.

"Hmm." He said. "So what were you guys working on?" He asked walking around and looking at the desks and tablets.

"Editing and giving final touch to the books that is ready to be published." Elise said again.

He finally stopped at my table and looked at what I was doing and for a moment I thought he will smile, but he didn't he just looked at me. His eyes seem furious to me and almost scared me. "Well, keep up the work. I am impressed with your teams work." He said as he turned around and walked out of the door without turning back. Everyone sighed in relieved.

"He is here so often now." Noah
complained.

"Well, I sure don't mind." Nicole smirked.

"So do I." Alice agreed.

I didn't say anything and continued my work.

I was so glad when I finished my work on time and was ready to go home. Elise came to me and said that she wanted to talk to me and led me to another building and floor and I eventually landed up in Oliver's office and Lawrence (Oliver's assistant) who I just learnt some time back was sitting there with a black file. I remember him talking about sending someone to do my documents and I sighed in frustration, but none the less give in. Lawrence give me good explanation and provided me with a note that will remind me of all the documents that is needed.

"I thanked him for stopping by and helping me with the documents."

"I was just doing my duty." He give me a small smile. "Is it a good idea to ask if I can drop you home?"

And I laughed. "I will be okay. Trust me." And he nodded his head and then I again thanked him and exited the office. Something good about Oliver's office is that there is no one on this floor, but two securities and a front desk. The middle aged woman was gone when I exited so I assume she went home, seeing the time in my watch.

I quickly went to the elevator to go down and hopefully catch the bus faster, but it seemed like today was just not my day because I encountered two woman in the elevator who saw me and give me a dirty look and as soon as the door shut. I had a bad feeling about it.

Author's Note: Thank you for reading this book, please give it a Vote and a share if you are enjoying this book.Happy readings!