Chapter Thirty Nine

Rosé

Chewing cherry-flavored bubble gum, I close my eyes and smile as the humid breeze billows through my hair.

Aaliyah and I are going to St. Vermont for fall break. I didn't want to stay in West Hampton Lake after Daniel quite literally broke my heart. I wanted to be far away from my heartbreak and have fun with my best friend. So for the next six days, that brooding bad boy means nothing to me.

We asked Bia and Luna if they wanted to come along but Bia was going to New Zealand and Luna was going to visit her grandma in Canada.

Turning up Harry Styles's Golden, I beam at my best friend who sings along, laughing when her voice breaks.

St. Vermont Lofts is a trendy hotel with a pool, bar, restaurant, and sports courts. The view of St. Vermont Beach is breathing from our room window and the sky blue weather makes us excited so we change into comfortable clothing, grab our cameras, and head out.

The sights are endless around St. Vermont. Before hitting up the restaurants, parks, or museums, we decide to go to the art district. Photographing and taking in the beauty of the aesthetically beautiful architecture and earthy colors. It's like I'm walking around Olympus.

After that, we visit the museum and the rich history and art are so breathtaking. Museums are underrated. Art is underappreciated.

Aaliyah and I take so many photos on our cameras and on our phones. When we finally get to the best part—food—I'm forgetting that we're in St. Vermont and surrounded by the ocean and art. The food is otherworldly—flavorful and spicy.

By the time we're done eating, it's dark and we decide that we're going to go to the beach and Amai Sobokuna Gardens tomorrow. We're both tired so when we get to our room, we climb into our bed and sleep.

<3 <3 <3 <3

Aaliyah fluffs her long hair as she looks at herself in the mirror. Wearing a short subtle floral blue dress—with a deep v-neck that ties into a halter with thin straps and there are cut-outs on the sides of the waist. She's got blue eyeshadow and graphic liner on and a soft pinkish-brown lipstick on. The blue heels match the color of her dress.

I choose a white short satin dress with two slits down both sides of my thighs, a criss-cross back, thin straps and a square neck—the dress accentuates my waist, hips, breasts, and legs. I put on soft brown eyeshadow, mascara, raspberry-colored liquid blush, and a soft raspberry-colored lipstick. My hair falls down my back in soft waves and frames my face, giving me a nineties supermodel vibe and I put on white strappy heels that make my butt look amazing.

Aaliyah suggested we go to a nightclub, as she sipped on her tora boba tea, and I enthusiastically said yeah because I want to have fun and forget about a certain chocolate-eyed boy.

We have no idea how we're going to get into a club, though.

As I stare at myself in the mirror, butterflies erupt in my tummy.

I look pretty.

And I can't wait to have fun tonight with my best friend.

<3 <3 <3 <3

Club Cerise is pretty hot with a red, sensual ambiance and exhilarating music. Aaliyah and I walk through the crowd, holding hands and making our way to the bar. We get some stares, mainly guys but it's the girls that make us smile—they smile and compliment us and we have no trouble sending back the love.

Crystal curtains hang behind the bar, sparkling and glimmering under the red lights. Two cute bartenders look in our direction before they ask what we want to drink. I let Aaliyah handle that because I have no idea how alcoholic drinks work.