Chapter 11: Stop Apologizing, Dear

*Elvis's POV*

I excused myself from Ann and stepped into a corner with Liz; a woman who I hadn't seen is so long.

"You look good, Elvis..." Liz whispered to me; scanning over my eyes. I huffed and ran a hand through my hair. "What do you want?" I asked almost bitterly. "What do I want?" she scoffed, "You know what I want... I came back for you. I kept my promise."

"After three years?" I spat quietly; heartbroken. She sighed and stepped closer to me. "I couldn't just leave you... If it helps, I thought about you everyday in Hawaii."

"And Red too, right?" I seethed the annoyance. She looked at me as if she had been caught red handed and then smirked. "I haven't a clue as to what your talking about, Elvis."

"Yeah, well the letters you sent him for a year after you left says different." She sighed and was now obviously sad, but I didn't feel any sympathy as I continued. "The funny thing is, you only sent me letters for a month before you stopped writing..."

"Elvis, I'm so sorry -"

"I don't want to hear it, Elizabeth..." I interrupted; annoyed, "You used me and you lied..." Oddly, she smiled and pulled me close. "I love you..." Quickly, she forced her lips onto mine and I was taken back. Shocked, I froze for a second. But I didn't miss her enough to kiss back. Sure I was heartbroken that she had hurt me, but I didn't want her anymore. I didn't even love her anymore. She hurt me too bad and I needed to move on. I pushed her off of me and wiped her lipstick from my lips. "Don't you ever do that again." I shouted; startling her. I looked over to get Ann and get out, but she was already gone. Oh, no.

*Ann's POV*

I put on my thin coat as I stepped outside to go to work. It was over casted today; the day looked hazy. I buttoned up my coat as I walked down the wet sidewalk; it had obviously rained sometime last night. "Ann!" his voice rang. I looked at him from over my shoulder and then turned back around with rolling eyes. Elvis was now walking by my side as I walked. "Can I help you?" I asked stiffly. "Don't be like, Ann." he pleaded. I shrugged my shoulders nonchalantly. "Like what? I'm just acting as I always do. Now, did you need something? I'm trying to get to work early and your slowing me down." I wasn't sure what his expression was towards my closed behavior because I forbid myself to look at him. "I just wanted apologize about last night," he said with a sad voice, "Nothin' was what it seemed, y'know? Liz kissed -"

"Didn't we discuss this last night?" I interrupted, "You have absolutely nothing to explain. Its not as though I actually cared." I made the situation seem comical, though it seemed to offend Elvis. "What's that supposed to mean?" he asked; almost hurt. "Oh, please," I smirked, "As if we would really end up together. Elvis, I was only acting so you would have a good date." Yes, I was partly lying, but he didn't need to know that. I was so hurt and I didn't want him to think I was sad about what happened. It was easier to lie than to speak the truth. I just wanted to get rid of him anyways...

"Pretendin'..." he repeated as if trying to understand what it meant. "Yes," I mused, "You know. I wanted to make your little fantasy of the perfect date come true; therefore, I went a long with it." I could feel how hurt he was, but I was too proud to look him in the eyes; or at all. "You mean... it wasn't real to you?" I nearly made myself laugh at him. "Of course not," i confirmed, "Besides, we only agreed to one date. And now that we've been on that date, we can go on to our normal lives; where you stay away from me and I stay away from you. We have no intentions to be around each other anymore. Its what's best." I finally looked up at Elvis and gave a small grin. He looked hurt; real hurt. But I didn't care. I was still mad at him for kissing that girl on our date... I was bitter, and the only way I would get over it was to shove him out of my life.