Truth Comes Out (Spy)

You and Jacques were relaxing in your shared room talking about wedding plans. Jacques was going on and on about all these ideas he had for the wedding but you were only half-listening. It wasn't that you didn't care about the wedding, you couldn't wait to marry Jacques, you were just distracted by your thoughts.

"(Y/N)." You jumped, getting knocked out of your thoughts. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, sorry. I was just thinking." You told him looking away.

Jacques gently moved his hands to your cheeks, making you look at him.

"Mon Amour, what are you thinking about that has you so distressed."

You frowned, looking down at your stomach, placing a hand on your small baby bump.

"I've been thinking..." You paused for a second, you took a deep breath before looking up at Jacques, who was patiently waiting for you to speak again. "I think you should tell Jeremy that you're his father."

There was a moment of silence.

"(Y/N), you know it's not that simple," Jacques told you, moving his hands to his lap.

"I know but don't you think he should know that he's going to have a little half brother or sister?" Jacques opened his mouth to say something but he stayed silent. He knew you were right. "Jacques." You grabbed his hand, giving it a comforting squeeze. "It's up to you but if you choose to tell him, I'll be by your side. You don't have to do it alone, but you have to be the one to say it, not me."

Jacques looked down at your hand before looking up and smiling at you.

"Okay... I-I think I can do this," Jacques admitted. "I'm glad I have a woman like you by my side." You grinned grabbing his tie and pulling him into a passionate kiss, it felt like you two were kissing forever even if it wasn't a long kiss. "Will tell him later today, I just need some time to figure out what to say to him," Jacques told after you pulled away from the kiss.

You nodded. "Take all the time you need, just tell me when you're ready."

~

After 2 hours of watching Jacques pacing back and forth talking to himself in French, he finally told you he was ready. You two headed into the living room of the base where Jeremy was laying on the couch talking to Dell and Phoenix who were sitting on the other couch. Jacques looked at his son, who was talking up a storm about how he was the main reason they won today's battle, took a deep breath, and grabbed your hand. You gave him a reassuring look before you two walked over to Jeremy. Jeremy stopped talking and looked up at you two.

"Yo, what's up, love birds." Jeremy grinned.

Even though Jacques looked all well put together on the outside, you know he was a complete mess on the inside.

"Jeremy," Jeremy's smile went away after hearing Jacques use his real name, the guys only ever used it when he was in trouble.

"Whatever happened, I didn't do it." Jeremy put his hands up.

"You're not in trouble, (Y/N) and I just want to talk to you about something," Jacques glared at Phoenix and Dell. "Privately."

Jeremy was confused but he got for the couch. "Oh okay..." Jeremy said confused.

As the three of you walked out the door, Jacques noticed the look on Dell's face, like he knew what was going to happen. The three of you headed into the meeting room and you shut the door, making sure the door was locked so no one could come in while this went down.

"So, what do you want to talk about?" Jeremy asked leaning against the wall, crossing his arms.

Jacques looked at you and you mouthed 'You got this'. Jacques took one last deep breath before looking up at Jeremy.

"Look Jeremy, I'm going to be honest with you this is going to be the hardest thing I've told you," Jacques warned. "But because of circumstances, I feel like I need to tell you... I'm... I'm your... I'm your father..."

The room was dead silent.

Jeremy nervously laughed, "Y-you're joking, right?" Jeremy stuttered, but the depressed and serious look on Jacques' face scared him. "This is just some fuck up joke, right?! You're not really... You're not!!!"

Jacques knew this would be Jeremy's reaction to the news, the topic of his father always piss off Jeremy, and Jeremy finding out the guy who he always fights with and who makes fun of him is his father, it would make anyone piss off.

"I'm sorry, Jeremy, but it's true," Jacques told him.

"NO! You're lying!" Jeremy was crying.

"I'm not Jeremy... I have proof."

Jacques pulled a picture out of his pocket and held it out to give to Jeremy. Jeremy snatched the photo out of Jacques' hand. His eyes widened and there were more tears coming down his face. The picture was taken around the time Jeremy was only a few months old, and Jacques was holding Jeremy in his arms as Jeremy slept. Jeremy looked back up at Jacques with pure rage in his eyes. Jeremy throw the picture back at Jacques and Jacques caught the picture.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU!!!" Jeremy screamed. "All this time, all this time we been working together and you didn't once think that you should tell me the truth! YOU'RE A FUCKING ASSHOLE."

Jacques looked away in shame, knowing what Jeremy was saying was true. You hated watching this go done, but this needed to happen. If Jeremy didn't hear it from Jacques, he would hear it from someone else and this would be a lot worst than it is now.

"I know, I am an asshole and I'm so sorry. I'm sorry for everything, I'm sorry I abandoned you, I'm sorry I lied to you, I'm just so sorry, Jeremy." Now Jacques was crying. "I just want you to know that no matter how much it seems that I don't care about you, I love you and I'm so proud of you."

Jeremy didn't say anything but he knew Jacques was telling the truth. Jeremy just had two questions.

"Why did you leave my ma and I and why now? Why tell me now?"

"I was young, I was young and scared, Jeremy. I wasn't ready to be a father. I tried but I just couldn't do it. I thought it was better to run away from my responsibilities and not face them like a man" Jacques explained. "As for why I'm telling you this now, (Y/N) and I only thought it was right for you to know that you were going to have a half-brother or sister."

Jeremy started to calm down a bit, he looked over at you, and then back at Jacques. He closed his eyes and took a breath, before opening his eyes again and looking at Jacques again.

"Look, I get it, but I'm going to need time," Jeremy confessed.

"That's fine, I understand. Take as much time as you need." Jacques understood.

Jeremy looked at you again and smiled a little.

"I hope it's a girl." He said letting out a little chuckle. "I'm tired of having brothers, it would be nice to have a little sister to protect."

You all couldn't help but smile and laugh at Jeremy's comment.

"I hope it's a girl too, she would be lucky to have you look out for her." You told him.

Things may not be perfect between Jacques and Jeremy, but at least there were no more secrets and at least maybe with time things would get better.