Down to Business

girl you're an alien
your touch so foreign
your supernatural
extraterrestrial

"that was great man Aug. think we good for the day, " Noonie said to me as I finished recording my cover of Katy Perry's song et.

I gave him a nod from the booth before exiting. I looked down at my phone wondering if Eva was up as yet. "Damn " I thought. "she still aint even got a phone so I could reach her at" But then an idea crossed my mind.

"Hey Gavin,  u gotta phone book or sumn up in this bitch?" I asked one of the sound engineers.

"who da fuck you tryna reach man?" he chuckled before rummaging through a couple of papers and pulling out a phone book.

I laughed and took the book from him. I searched through the yellow pages before finding what I was looking for. "Georgia state...got ya" I said to myself. 

I stepped out of the studio as the phone rang a few times. This woman who sounded like she really didn't want to be at work finally answered. "Georgia State University Student Services.  how may I help you? "

"uh yea Im tryna get the contact # for Evangeline Romain " I said back to her.

" im sorry but we dont give out student information like that sir," said the lady with a sigh.

shit I thought.  "is there anyway to reach her doe?" I asked hoping she would be of some help.

"ummm I could transfer you to her direct room line " replied the woman dryly.

"yea sure that would be-" I started before hearing the phone click and start ringing again. Damn she just transfered a nigga like that I thought. But quickly dismissed the thoughts of the lady, as I waited for someone to pick up.

*Eva POV*

I heard the phone ring for a third time before deciding to open my eyes.

"ohh crap" I thought as I lifted my head from the pillow.

My mouth was super dry and my head felt like it weighed three times as it regularly did. "Damn you vodka" I mumbled to myself as I reached to the bedside table where the telephone was.

"hello? " I managed to say as my eyes adjusted to the light in the room around me.

"well someone sounds like dey still faded," August said and I could tell he was smiling over the phone.

"oh aye, I didn't expect to hear from you this earl-" I paused as I noticed it was 12:30 pm on the alarm clock

he laughed,  "im guessing you seen da time? "

although I was feeling fucked up I managed to laugh at the fact.

"how you feelin doe? " he asked a lil more seriously.

"uhh I could drink a gallon of water about now to tell u the truth" I replied rubbing my face.

"guess the thirst is indeed real, " August said and I really had to laugh at that one.

"so i just got done at the studio and was thinkin we could get somethin to eat, " he finally said when we stopped laughing.

"oh man August,  I look like MJ in thriller right now honestly...and those bagsss under my eyes. I dont even think u would recognize me right now" I concluded.

"shiitt girl, have u ever seen me? I got those constant under eye bags, dats why i keep my sunglasses on all da time. .plus I been up since 8 at da studio so ya kno dose bags prolly on one hunnid now" he laughed.