1.2.11: Let's Be Friends

After that incident, Xiao Yunhua had lost whatever layer of awkwardness she held around Qiang Yue. In fact, they became some type of friends.

Well, as friendly as one could get with their target. It had been two weeks after, and she was slowly making her advances known.

Today was the day that she was going to be leaving the hospital. Today was also the day that she planned on breaking up with Zhou Lang. She didn't want to be that type of person that went confessing to someone despite dating someone else.

Even though she was still very skinny, at least she held a healthy glow and she wasn't feeling much depression like before. And she was beginning to walk completely normal, like before her accident. Her weight would slowly be filled in over the next few weeks or months, so she didn't worry.

She was currently dressed in a furry, white winter coat with a pair of fuzzy white boots and black leggings. It was currently December and Christmas was going to happen next week. Everywhere, Christmas trees had been decorated and adorned. It hadn't snowed, but that didn't stop the festive mood everywhere, including the hospital.

Xiao Yunhua ran her fingers across her long hair that had dried out during her coma. But luckily, Ling Qiu had helped to maintain it back to its original, luscious state that it was in at the moment. Ni Ming had helped dropped these clothes off along with helping Xiao Yunhua curl her hair into beach curls. Xiao Yunhua's pale face was flushed and her lips were a rosy red. Overall, she looked beautiful.

This was the first thought that entered Qiang Yue's mind when he saw her pacing back and forth in her hospital room.

"Miss Xiahu," he greeted with his usual kind smile, "as of this moment, when you sign these documents, you should be ready and okay to go!"

Xiao Yunhua nodded and her slender fingers picked up the pen readied next to the documents and paperwork. Qiang Yue watched her delicate signature on all the pages and he felt a bit disappointed that he would probably never see her again after this day.

Once she stopped writing and placed the pen down, she got up and said, "I guess this is the last time that I'll call you doctor." Her hand was stretched to shake his, in a way of thanks for all of his hard work.

Qiang Yue nodded and took her hand, shaking it firmly. "Miss Xiahu, take care of yourself. Ling Qiu couldn't be here to bid you goodbye due to having an emergency and taking the day off. But she did tell me to tell you to take care of yourself."

Xiao Yunhua smiled at the thought of the sweet nurse that had taken care of her all this time. Not only did she have a great sense of humor, but she was also the sweetest person that had a heart of gold. She was disappointed that she couldn't see Ling Qiu for one last time, but she did understand emergencies.

She hoped that the woman wasn't dealing with anything too overwhelming and could have her problems resolved soon.

Xiao Yunhua and Qiang Yue didn't say any more words and then she turned around, leaving the hospital room that she would never visit again as a patient. Or at least she hoped.

Qiang Yue sighed and turned around to leave as well, but he was shocked to see Xiao Yunhua standing behind him outside of the room. She was fidgeting nervously, but paused when she saw him come out as well.

"Miss Xiahu... isn't there anything else you need?"

Xiao Yunhua took a deep breath and said, "Qiang Yue," shocking the doctor because this was the first time that she uttered his name, "as I'm no longer your patient, let's be friends."

When she said those words, a brief silence followed. Qiang Yue had never been in such an awkward position, but in the end, he found himself agreeing. "That's fine, Miss Xiahu—"

"Call me Yunhua." Not only would it signify their friendship but she also hated hearing her fake surname as it reminded her of her false persona that she had to adopt.

"Okay Yunhua." Her name coming off of his lips sounds so sensational to Xiao Yunhua's ears. She blamed the system for making him irresistible. She blamed him for being so irresistible and gentle. She only awkwardly nodded and asked him for his phone number.

Friends had each other's phone numbers, right? At least that's what Qiang Yue thought to make the interaction less uncomfortable.

Xiao Yunhua smiled happily and then she quickly left to wait for Wang Yaowan to pick her up.

***

MASS RELEASE as my gift to you guys for a brand new year!