•43•

When Taehyung heard a knock at his door, the last person he expected to peek inside was Jungkook. Taehyung had been hoping that the prince wouldn't bother to visit, seeing as how Tae wasn't in the most sociable mood.

"Hey," the prince says awkwardly, head still poking through the door. "Um, can I come in?"

Taehyung shrugs. Jungkook's head disappears before he's pushing at the door with his back, a tray of food in hand.

"So, your friend spoke to Yoongi-hyung," Jungkook says casually, as he set the food on the nightstand next to Tae's bed. "Unfortunately there's no way to exempt you from the whole 'bring your family to the party' rule."

Tae answers with a hum. He had received a quick briefing before from Hoseok about the dinner party. Honestly at this point, he didn't really care if he got sent home or not. He was never interested in winning, never really interested in participating to begin with. 

His eyes dart to the tray. "Why are you bringing me this?"

A blush slowly appears on the younger's cheeks, he lifts a hand to scratch the back of his neck. "I, uh, heard you haven't been eating and knowing the reason why I thought that maybe it would help if I made something?"

"You cook?" the blond asks, not buying it.

"I make really good ramyeon."

Taehyung actually snorts at that. "Ramyeon."

Jungkook smiles a bit. "Yeah, but that's not what I made for you." He takes the lid off the tray, there a bowl of steaming Japchae underneath, plus some side dishes.

Eyeing it, Taehyung raises a brow at the prince. It was his favorite dish and Tae guesses that Jungkook must've somehow figured that out. His eyes go to the boy's hands, noticing the band-aids and how some parts of his skin were red. 

He frowns. "Just because you made my favorite dish, doesn't mean I can eat it."

"I know," Jungkook says. "I also know that you only ate what your brother cooked, so I asked Yoongi-hyung to let me see the footage from the security cameras in the kitchen and I, um, followed what he did to make the dish."

He's embarrassed, Taehyung notes. He's embarrassed because its not really usual for someone to go that far for another person.

"I decided to do Japchae because it's the dish your brother fed to me the first time he used the kitchen, so I somewhat remember the flavor. I've been remaking it for days now and," he points to the bowl, "that's the closest I got."

Hesitant, Tae glances at the bowl of potato noodles. From where he lay, the smell that came his way seemed somewhat familiar. Not exactly the same but it was close.

Jungkook seems to notice his hesitation and takes a step back. "I'll leave you to it," he says nervously. "If it's not to your liking then you can leave it, I'll try again tomorrow."

 Taehyung shifts uncomfortably on the bed. "Tomorrow?" he asks.

"Yup." The prince's smile is shy but his eyes show profound determination. "I'll retry everyday till it's finally the same as your Hyung's."

The blonde narrows his eyes at the prince's hands once more, Jungkook selfconsciously hides them behind his back.

"It's because my hyung is worried about your health," Jungkook explains suddenly. "He wants to take good care of you. Make sure you get healthy again." Taehyung doesn't remember asking, but it did seem like Jungkook didn't want him to get the wrong idea.

Or the right idea and make Tae feel uncomfortable with his advances. He guesses it's actually the latter.

"I see," Tae responds.