Chapter Seven

??? (V)

"Nakamoto's awake.." I mumbled to myself. I pressed the button to the floor at the very top. I waited, slight nervousness filling inside as the elevator stopped.

I have always disliked Nakamoto. His name demanded respect, and of course, I gave him what he wanted.

By the end of the hallway, I could see Lisa and Jungkook walking towards me, relief etched on their faces. Of course they'd be relief after exiting Nakamoto's office. He was someone gruesome, and has no mercy at all.

I clearly remembered that when Jisoo exited the office, he was already fast asleep. Why would he still be up though? Was he just pretending?

"Hey, where's Jisoo?" Jungkook asked. "I kind of made up a lie that you were with Jisoo, so you weren't able to assist Lisa or something."

I shrugged. Maybe she went into Nakamoto's office. That would be it. Nakamoto must have called for her and reported this incident. That would cause a huge chaos.

They both went inside the elevator, I went in after them. I pressed the buttons to the floors they were suppose to be in.

Lisa was silent the whole time. She must have been traumatized by her encounter with Nakamoto. That was her first time seeing him after all.

Jungkook looked at me and said, "Please tell Jaehyun to meet me. I'm gonna tell him something." I nodded. Another task to add into the nonexistent list I have kept in my mind.

I opened the elevators for them, and they both exited silently.

After I closed the gates, the elevator went up once again. Someone must have pressed the buttons above. The elevator stopped at the highest floor. The floor where Nakamoto is.

I opened the gates to reveal both Jisoo and Nakamoto together.

I held myself back from asking why they were together.

Nakamoto gave me a sly smirk, which I returned with a forced smile. "Please bring Jisoo to her room, she needs her rest now," he commanded. I nodded with no hesitation as Jisoo stepped into the elevator.

Nakamoto's smirk faded as he looked at Jisoo. I turned to look at her and found out she was looking at me. I smiled, this time, not a forced one.

I looked back at Nakamoto before closing the gates.