🎄 Final 🎄

A/N: HAPPY HOLIDAYS, everyone! As far as I said, I could not promise to make anything for this season but I did not said that I would not try. I know, I know. A lot had happened to me that I turned inactive. But I am still here. Thank you for all your concerns and loves. ❤️ THIS STORY is not a plain fluff or whatsoever, but I hope that you enjoy it since I have made it all with courage and love!

Happy Holidays!

×××××××××××××××××××

It was a fine day. 

It truly was. 

The birds were chirping, the sun rays were searing out of the tinted glass window along with the moist of morning breeze. 

"Are you done?" 

It was supposed to be a good day. 

A long pause immersed from the room, as the black haired lady lifted up her hair into a ponytail before drifting her attention into the culprit who spoke. "I am, are you?" She replied. A deep exhale came from his mouth, "I don't think we should talk if you're going to be all sarcastic, Sooyoung." His husky voice went straight out of his throat, as the lady named Joy trailed her eyes off him. 

"I'm not being sarcastic, I'm just telling you that we can leave." Joy mumbled with a hint of annoyance in her voice before the young man scoffed in reply, grabbing his coat before saying. "I'm heading to the studio, where should I drop you?" 

Joy eyed him, replying. "Just my label company would be fine, Sungjae."

The silence remained right after the talk in the morning, as he grabbed the keys for the car before sliding the hotel door room open. 

With an exhausted sigh, she mumbled. "Do you think we should break up?" 

A sudden pang came across his chest, freezing at the moment as if he heard it wrong. He could only shake his head before muttering. "You're breaking up with me?"

She heaved a sigh, clutching her bag. "We've been dead for a year, aren't you getting tired?" 

He pursed his lips, knowing she had a point. 

It's been years that they have been together right after We Got Married, it was a joy at first. It was the biggest jackpot they could ever wish for. He was the best man she could ever ask for, and it was still the same up until now. She was the perfect woman for him.

But at the moment, they were starting to think if this would ever work out if they were already not appreciating each other's presence. 

It quite hurted in his heart, but he could not deny the fact that he was accepting the choice she was choosing. This relationship was suddenly going nowhere at this point. 

The two of them had joined the bed together. There was no intimacy last night. There was even no sweet smiles unlike the first time, it was dead. The love was kind of drifting away.

It was indeed drifting away. 

Sungjae could only grip on the door knob, before mumbling. "I see.", "Sungjae..." Joy whispers, "That was something I was giving some time to think about as well." He replied softly, before Joy nodded slowly. 

"I think so, too." Sungjae calmly added, before Joy sighs deeply. 

After the awkward mess, his phone rang all of a sudden. "Hold on a second." He muttered, grabbing his phone before both of their eyes widen. "It's your mom." Sungjae trailed off, as Joy bited her lower lip. "I..." She trails off, sighing in defeat as she added. "We can't break up, then."