Chapter Thirty-Three

(Y/N) had never felt so uncomfortable.

The entire time Vision and Wanda had been visiting, the woman decided she would take a seat across the room. It was at this time (Y/N) inwardly praised Tony for structuring the room the way he had. Upon first walking in, you would be greeted with vast space; to the right was her cot, and a bed frame that had been crafted from beech wood. Tony had already had it crafted that way when the tower was built, but it fit the cot well enough. Aside from the bed, there was a decently sized space to the left, similar to a living-room if it had been installed into a single-family home. Granted the flooring was designed from black porcelain tiles (as all of the flooring in the billion dollar tower had been), the transom windows set off a beautiful contrast of dark to light. Sheer cornsilk curtains hung all around the room as to remind (Y/N) of home, where she rested in a shack that was exposed to all outside sources. As homey as Tony wanted to make it seem, though, he needed to make it realistic to the U.S., hence the installment of curtains and windows.

Wanda decided to make herself comfortable in the open space to the left upon walking in. She'd introduced herself, spoke to the foreign woman briefly, and then occupied herself with looking out the windows. (Y/N) had noticed the red hue that decorated Wanda's hand as she walked into the room, and continued to notice it out of the corner of her eye while Vision attempted to make conversation.

"Did you rest well last night, miss?" Vision asked, simultaneously scooting the chair over to the edge of her bed again. (Y/N) noticed Wanda's red hand pulsate more so as Vision got closer and suddenly her accompaniment made sense.

"I slept fine," She mumbled, uncomfortable at the fact that the mystic in the far left of the room was getting jealous simply because they were making conversation. "I don't expect you to be in here very long. You must have other things to do today."

"He does," Wanda spoke up. Vision's head snapped from (Y/N)'s eyes to Wanda's, but very briefly.

"No need for the chair," (Y/N) said quietly, eyes fluttering closed as her head began to lul backwards onto the frame behind her, a small breath trickling from her lungs as she attempted to show she was quite alright to be alone.

Her discomfort had started to become a slight stitch in her chest. Her reason being for closing her eyes at all was so she could focus less on how red the room was turning and more so on the pain in her heart again. This time, she knew she would not be able to confide in Vision. Not with Wanda in the room - the woman was the reason her chest was maiming itself in the first place; the crimson began impeding (Y/N)'s reality - was the red real? Was the room really turning red?

Fluttering her eyes open, she noticed it was real.

Wanda had stood from her seat, hands in fists with flames of red curling around her fingertips. Her eyes were the same color, a ruby (Y/N) would never forget.

Remaining calm, attempting to keep her composure, (Y/N)'s hands folded over her chest, eyes closing once more as she softly requested their exit.

She could hear the furniture stumble and fall over as Vision practically tore Wanda out of the room. However, there had been no screaming. Only the squeaking of fine leather seats and expensive tables.

Before the door had slammed shut, (Y/N) can remember hearing Vision whisper a solemn, "I'm sorry."

For the life of her, she couldn't understand why.

An android? Sorry? For a mystic's irritation?

I hope he's sorry for more than something like that.

--

(A/N: I apologize that this is so short. I had a tiny idea but I didn't want to expand too much. I hope you all are enjoying the story so far, nonetheless, and I appreciate your comments, votes, and reads so much!!!! -Abi)