5

Alex put his glass down and straightened up. "Rosanna? What's wrong? Are you okay?"

He heard her voice break and sniffle. "Can I come over?" she almost begged.

  "Of course love, is something wrong?" Alex asked worriedly.

  Rosanna swallowed the lump in her throat. "Andy and I got into a fight. I don't really want to talk about it right now I just need to get away."

  "I'm home, do you want me to come and pick you up?" Alex asked already grabbing his keys.

  "No–it's...yes please," Rosanna sighed.

  "I'm coming right now, I won't be longer than five minutes," Alex said, locking his apartment.

  "Thank you so much Al," Rosanna sniffled and wiped the tears running down her face. "I'm so sorry about this."

  "Don't be," Alex said, "you would do it for me."

  Alex almost ran a red light on his drive to Rosanna's apartment. He was beyond worried. What the fuck had that prick done to her? If he even lay a finger on her I'm going to beat his arse until he's black and blue.

  When Alex pulled into the driveway of her apartment complex Rosanna was already waiting outside. Her eyes were red and her cheeks glistened in the moonlight. She walked up to Alex's car and he met her by the door. She gave him one look and he pulled her into his arms.

  "Did he hurt you?" Alex asked, his arms tight around her.

  "Only emotionally," Rosanna said, calmer now than when she was on the phone. She buried her face into Alex's collarbone and tried to hold back her tears. "Thank you so much," she said quietly.

  "I'm always here okay?" Alex said and held her close.

  Rosanna nodded and pulled back. Alex's heart broke when he saw her face up close. It took everything in him not to storm upstairs to wherever Andy was and strike him in the face.

  "Let's go," Rosanna said and got into the car without looking at her apartment building.

  Alex nodded and walked around back to the driver's side and popped in. He started the engine and began back toward his place.

  "Is it alright if I stay the night?" Rosanna asked, looking over at Alex through the red of the traffic light.

  "Of course love, you don't even need to ask," Alex said.

  "Thank you," Rosanna forced a smile. "Andy's staying at mine. I couldn't kick him out, he had no where else to go."

  "Manchester?" Alex teased.

  Rosanna rolled her eyes and playfully hit Alex's arm. "To be honest I wouldn't be mad if he did right now."

  "What happened? If you don't mind me sticking my nose in your business," Alex said. "I thought you two were fine?"

  "We were..." Rosanna said quietly and ran a hand across her cheek. "And then it all turned to shit," her voice cracked.

  Alex chewed on his lip and glanced over at her.

  "It was just some petty shit as well," Rosanna said, "wasn't even worth the fight. And then Andy just blew it out of proportion and brought up things I didn't want to talk about and I just..." Rosanna took a deep breath. "I didn't want to be around him anymore. He made me feel like shit and he never apologises for it either."

  "He's a fucking prick, love," Alex said seriously.

  Rosanna sighed and ran a hand through her hair. "Al please don't," she said quietly. Alex immediately regretted his words. "You're right but right now...I just don't want to think about him anymore."