Chapter 2

Chapter 2 - A New Friend

"See you, Midoriya" Todoroki bid him goodbye before departing.

Izuku felt his phone vibrate and check to find a message from his mom.

"Izuku, could you buy these stuffs in the store before you go home? I'm sorry. Love you"

He texted his mom back, and put his phone back in his pocket.

Izuku then made his way home, after buying some groceries from the convenient store.

But a familiar person caught his eye, sitting on the curb infront of the store, with a big bag next him. He recognized him.

"Kaminari?"

The yellow haired boy slowly looked up at where the voice was coming from. "Midoriya?" He squinted a bit.

Kaminari looked very pale and frail as if he hadn't eaten in days. He had baggy eyes and his lips were dry.

Izuku knelt down. "Are you okay?"

Kaminari let out a weak laugh. "What are talking about?" He told. "I'm... fine..." His voice then became shaky as if he was about to cry. He didn't want to face Izuku.

Izuku knew there was something wrong so he joined him, sitting next to him on the curb.

"You're still in your school uniform and the temperature has dropped rapidly right now. You should better go home" He said with a lowly voice.

Izuku sighed letting a massive smoke of cold air appeared from his nose. "Did something happen?"

Kaminari brought his knees closer to his chest, hugging his legs, as he buried his face.

Izuku stayed silent as the atmosphere became off. The silence has made him uncomfortable and was afraid that he too was making him uncomfortable as well.

Kaminari then spoke. "C-Can you not tell this to anyone?"

Izuku nodded immediately. "Of course"

He then slowly lifted his face to face Izuku. The boy with the green vest had shock eyes when he saw Kaminari with teary, swollen eyes. He has never seen the school's most cheerful and funniest guy, crying in sorrow infront of him.

"I.." He smiled weakly. "..got kicked out by my parents" He looked away and started crying.

Izuku then felt terribly sorry for the news. He didn't know what to say because he has never encountered such complicated situation like this.

"Why?" He asked hesitantly.

Kaminari took a long pause before he could answer his question. "I was caught... by my dad. Partying in the club, drinking, skipping school, making out with random girls who I don't even know... " The more he says, the tighter his voice gets. The tone of regrets.

Izuku formed a thin line of his mouth. It was beginning to get dark and the weather was getting worst.

"I don't know where to go now" He continued crying softly, gritting his teeth tightly, feeling his chest tighten.

Izuku sighed and stood up. Kaminari looked up at him and saw him reaching out his hand to him. "Come on, I'll let you come over to my place for a while, if you'd like"

Kaminari widened his eyes, and soon later after that, his eyes begin to form more tears and he began crying once again. He grabbed Izuku's hand as he helped the helpless guy up.

Kaminari stopped after a while. "Thank you so much, Midoriya-kun"

Izuku gave him a soft smile.

Who knew that the person who I barely know, is the person who is suffering from such tragic situation. And I was the one who offered him the help he needed.