Chapter : 23

The ball party was arranged in the palace with very attractive decorations. It was the party where selection of a capable girl for Prince was main purpose.

Beatiful vampire girls were present there with their best attaire. There was a compulsion of fancy masks in the party so no one could make difference between the known person.

The VIPs of royal family sat on the balcony along with King, Queen, Prince and Princess.

Kyle was dressed formally according to the traditional vampire style. He was in white shirt with red bowtie along with black tuxedo suit. He also had a black long cape which made him look more handsome vampire than ever.

Ashley also wore a black and red combined gown. She also wore the cape same like that of Kyle. There was a extra cape decorated on a hanger. It was for the girl vampire who would be chosen for Prince.

According to rule and theme, vampire girls were there wearing black and red. The music flowed through the hall and girls were hoping to be chosen.

The King stood up for the speech and everyone paid attention to the King.
" Today, we all are gathered here for the purpose of selecting our Prince's girl and also our future Queen. The Queen should be capable to take the responsibility."

" To know who has that capability, every girl who are interested should stand on the star marking on the middle of hall and wear the ancient spelled magic ring. If the ring choses a girl, she will be known as capable and will be selected."

" There will be a spark of magic if the ring choose the vampire and if there is no spark, the girl can't be chosen. Now let's begin the test."

Saying this King sat on the throne and everyone clapped.

Kyle didn't speak anything. He was upset that Zune will not be his Queen. He didn't care what was happening there and was just thinking about her.
Ashley looked at Kyle and gave sad expression but she knew somewhere in heart, everything would be alright.

The test began. Many vampire girls tried the ring on but nothing happened. Everyone were nervous and some of them even beileved that the ring was fake.

After some hours, there was no vampire girl left for the test. Everyone from the clan tried but ring didn't response.

But at last, A mysterious vampire girl entered the hall. She had different kind if beauty on her and was totally different from others. She wore a long black gown with thin red borders.

She also wore the mask. She walked straight to the star marking and picked up the ring. As soon as she wore the ring, the star marking glowed and her whole body sparkled as if a fairy was standing there.

Everyone was amazed to see the view. She was only the lady vampire, whom the ring chosed. The King and The Queen stood up and hugged each other in joy. Ashley and Kyle looked at each others face and remained quiet.

The King then again announced
" Lady, you are the chosen one so please be honored to come up here and accept the royal cape from our Queen."

The lady looked at King, gave a smile and nodded her head. She walked slowly towards the place where Queen was standing. The Queen hugged and congratulated her.

The lady smiled and nodded her head indicating thank you and turned around. The Queen was little surprised as the lady didn't speak a word but she was confident about the ring's choice and helped her to wear the cape.

" Now you are our chosen daughter in law. Kyle take her for a dance. This party will be memorable." Queen said to the lady smiling.

Kyle was upset but he couldn't deny his mother. He asked for the lady's hand for the dance. The mysterious lady also gave her hand and both walked towards the hall.

Kyle got the strange feeling from the moment he held the lady's hand. He felt if he held this hand before also.

The soft music flowed through the corners of hall and Kyle danced with the mysterious lady. Throughout whole dance, he remembered his first dance with Zune.

He remembered how he danced with Zune in his arms. They both danced and at the end of dance, the lady gave a small piece of paper in Kyle's hand and other girl took the turn to dance with him. After that, whole lights in palace went off.

When the light was on, everything was normal but the lady was not there and she had already left.

He looked here and there and found no trace of her. He greet the lady before leaving and opened the paper in his hand.

There was something written on the paper and it was " Your Zune is in trouble, go and rescue her. She is kept at terrace. Don't tell anyone, otherwise she will be killed."

Kyle kept the paper in his pocket and rushed towards the terrace in panic. Ashley saw him from balcony and followed him to know what was wrong.

Kyle's POV :
I was here upset thinking, why Zune didn't appear in ball and never thought that she would be in trouble. I again didn't care about her.

I was so careless about her, that may be the reason why she don't love me. I will never be able to forgive myself if anything happens to her.

I never wanted all of these and never wanted to marry other girl but I had no option being a crowned Prince.

Kyle ran upto the terrace and stopped there. He saw a shadow of vampire just infront of him. It was dark there and the moonlight was only the support.

" Who are you and where's Zune? What have you done to her?"

The lights turned on and he saw the lady infront of her. She was the same lady from the party who was chosen as she was still wearing the mask and cape.

The lady stepped back and knelt down infront of Kyle. Kyle got confused about what she was up to.

" What are you doing?"

Kyle said immediately in hurry.

The mysterious lady looked up at him. She smiled and with her one hand back she opened her mask and threw away.

Kyle got shocked when he saw it was none other than Zune behind the mask and she was there holding the box of ring with kneel down.

" I know I rejected you the last time when you proposed me but at that time I was flattered away by my mind thinking too much of silly things.I also have many complicated feelings for you which I suppressed within me."

" Today in the party, the ring chosed me and it was greatest thing for me so I got confidence to say my feelings about you."

" So Prince Kyle, I LOVE YOU... will you accept me as your lover, wife and future Queen?"

Zune confessed her love finally....😍