Chapter-15

A few years later

''its just one more year of my graduation , why can't you stay till then.'' Sona sounded livid when Vikram informed her about leaving London and moving back. Though, he did promise to stay in touch and come back after convincing his family, Sona wasn't convinced . Her whole form was filled with strange fear. She felt, if he left she wouldn't be able to see him ever again. She watched his face with tear filled eyes as he caressed her cheek. Sona took a deep breath as she hugged him tight moving on to his lap, ''I love you Vikram.''

''So do I Sona.''

''Then don't leave me Vikram. I won't be able to survive a day without you.''

''Sona, its just a year. Degree does matter.''

''Nothing matters more than you. I will get transferred to any university near your place but just take me with you. Please!'' She sounded desperate scared which got Vikram worried. He rubbed her back. Slowly pushing her away , he cupped her face, ''I want to keep you with me for eternity but for that we need to give our relationship a name.''

Sona thought , he was right. Without a legal stamp or name it would be questionable. But a day more without him would be like living without air. He mind made a decision, ''Marry me, and take me home as your wife.''

Vikram stared at her , his mouth open wide, ''What?''

''Marry me!''

Vikram pushed her off his lap, ''Do you think it's a joke?''

''Why? Isn't this all serious for you? Was this a casual fling?'' She asked

''No, and you know that. But marriage without my family, and think about your family.'' He reasoned.

''I just want you nothing more. I can leave all for you.'' She said hugging him.

''Sona, I promise I will come back.'' He tried to console her.

''If you leave without me Vikram, I swear I will kill myself.'' She warned making Vikram angry. He pushed her back holding her at a length, ''Stop this madness.''

''You haven't seen any. I am not joking Vikram, I will do what I just said.'' Vikram tried to find one expression on her face which would help him to convince her, but she looked determined. He huffed, he knew his step would anger his mother but leaving her was something he wasn't sure about. Their Royal lineage gad been covered by a business tycoon identity for long and he wanted to talk to his family before disclosing it to Sona. He at time felt guilty about hiding so much but it wasn't just about him , it was about whole family and he wasn't playing with her. Vikram had always been serious about Sona and planned to marry her. He decided to convince her to wait but one look at her face and he dropped the idea. She looked so vulnerable at this moment that he gave in, ''Fine, I will start the procedure of your transfer but no one knows that we will get married in a month. Agreed!.''

Sona nodded throwing her arms around his neck as he lifted her form of the earth.

***

Dipika looked out of the window of her office in NGO. The air was full of sand particles. The weather department had predicted a sand storm and now same had reduced the visibility. Dipika walked back to her table when she heard the phone, it was from Ananya, ''Dipika, stay back it this settles.''

''Yes, I am waiting for it to.'' Dipika's answer came with a hidden meaning.

''Dipika, what's wrong?''

''Ananya, I am scared. I feel this storm represents the storm approaching our life. I cannot predicted what it is, but something doesn't feel right.''