Chapter 22

"Is it you?"

Hell no.

"Nope. I have no idea who you're referring to." Sleepy boy still seemed to be in a trance. I felt my stomach bubble in anger. Why?! Out of all people Dominic could be it had to be this sleepy ass douche! It makes no sense. It makes zero absolute sense.

"I think you do actually." He muttered and was about to take a seat. What the fuck is wrong with this guy? I just said I wasn't Lance (even though I am) and he still plans to plant his fucking ass on that chair.

"Don't you fucking dare take a seat, you hear?" I stiffened, so did he but for a different reason. He furrowed his brows and dragged his lips. He stared at me like I was insane.

"I'm Dominic. Yeah, I'm shocked too that it's you but-"

"No."

"No?"

"No, you're not Dominic." I shook my head and stared at the table. This can't be real. Dominic is nice, sweet and polite. They're not alike at all. He can't be Dominic, there has to be some kind of mistake. They don't match up.

"What the hell, Spencer?" I cringed and made my hands into fists. It was wrong to hear my name being called from his mouth. This wasn't how I imagined this to go at all.

I can't actually have a crush on this guy.

I raised my head to look at him right in the eyes. Dark brown eyes. Dark chocolate hair. Tall. And mother trucking gorgeous. Ugh. I hate it.

What did I think? That he was going to be some kind of prince charming? That we were going to- what, hug? Pff, it's funny that I was actually hoping for that. But seriously, just how much bad luck do I have to have ended up with sleepy douche boy as MaximumCray?

The guy I really frickin' like.

The guy that made me drink for the first time in years. The guy that gave me the urge to smoke. The guy that grew butterflies in my stomach. The guy that makes me giggle like a fucking school girl? I hate this.

I stood up, the chair squeaked behind me and I felt Sleepy boy's eyes on me.

"I'm leaving." I didn't really need to say that but it kinda just slipped out.

Apparently that wasn't acceptable since sleepy boy took a hold of my arm with a firm grip. Enough to make my whole body get shot with a lightning bolt. "Hey, wait up now-" I shrugged him off but stopped nonetheless. Damnit.

He scoffed. It was probably meant to seem abrasive or tough but I heard something else. Something that seemed hurt but I chose to ignore it.

"I don't know what kind of problem you have with me. We literally talked like once-"

"Yeah, and that once was enough for me to see just how rude you are." I interrupted just as rudely as I said he was. Hypocrite. Maybe I'm overdoing it? Although, I wouldn't overdo it if it weren't for the adrenaline rush in my body.

"-and I know you probably expected someone better but I thought Lance would be a bit more understanding than this." He spoke like I didn't even say smack. However, now I was silent. I looked at him and saw something I couldn't explain.

I think we're on a completely different page.

It felt like we were speaking two different languages. What sleepy boy was referring to seemed to mean something around the lines of, 'what if he doesn't think I'm good looking? What if he thinks I'm completely different, like better? What if...' and so on.

The thoughts I had all the way from our first phone call to this very café chair. He was thinking just like me.

Sleepy boy's lips were kinda chapped. He looked dehydrated but much better than the first time I saw him when we ran into each other. He also looked like he had been eating better.